DESPARATE!! Trying to connect Wallys and 211's with DP34 switches from DPP LNB

AAASATELLITE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Colorado
I really need some expert advice ASAP. (like today) . Situation: Western arc 1000.2 dish with DPP LNB connected directly to 3 DP34 swiches feeding a combination of 10 total receivers (Wallys and 211's). First receiver on port 1 (Wally) passes switch test normal, but when adding additional receivers then first Wally along with all other receivers on same switch start acting funky. Getting different switch test results from both Wallys and 211's. Is this even possible to connect these receivers to DP34 switches?? Even replaced all cabling from dish to switches.
What is Dish recommended proper way for this to work? Does anyone know? I can't seem to get any from Dish. I am a ex-retail;er with over 30 years experience, but this one is killing me!

What is Dish recommended proper way for this to work? Does anyone know? I can't seem to get any from Dish. I am a ex-retail;er with over 30 years experience, but this one is killing me!

I really need some expert advice ASAP. (like today) . Situation: Western arc 1000.2 dish with DPP LNB connected directly to 3 DP34 swiches feeding a combination of 10 total receivers (Wallys and 211's). First receiver on port 1 (Wally) passes switch test normal, but when adding additional receivers then first Wally along with all other receivers on same switch start acting funky. Getting different switch test results from both Wallys and 211's. Is this even possible to connect these receivers to DP34 switches?? Even replaced all cabling from dish to switches.

I'm pretty sure your problem is that you can't use Dish Pro switches with a Dish Pro Plus LNB which is what the 1000.2 dish is..You need DPP44 switches
That's correct, 44 switches and 3 cables from the dish to the 1st switch, 3 jumpers to each switch after that

I'm pretty sure your problem is that you can't use Dish Pro switches with a Dish Pro Plus LNB which is what the 1000.2 dish is..You need DPP44 switches
You were right on! Went back today with a couple of DPP44 switches that I was able to locate. One of them was from a guy I used to install with. Anyway, I took out the first 2 DP34 switches and replaced them with the 44's. Wala, problem solved. Even the DP34 switch fed last in the sequence provided perfect switch test results. It now make perfect sense that you can't successfully mix Dish Pro with Dish Pro plus. Can't thank you enough along with the ten tenets now watching TV.