Det Locals in HD living in Toronto

quakelord

Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I live in Toronto and have a legit Dish 1000.2. I get all the ch from all three sats except for the Detroit (were the account is) Local in HDs. Can someone explain this? I'm I outside the spot beam? Is there a solution?

Detroit HD channels are very tight spot beam at 61.5° that doesn't reach Toronto. They are also temporarily at 118.75° which does reach Toronto, but requires a Dish 500Plus or 1000Plus.

See ya
Tony

The soptbeam on 61.5 that covers Detroit only goes as far as Cleveland. I found that out the hard way when I moved to Cleveland to try to get HD locals. The SD spotbeam 9 covers Rochester and Cleveland so I got my sd locals but not the HD locals.

Detroit HD channels are very tight spot beam at 61.5° that doesn't reach Toronto. They are also temporarily at 118.75° which does reach Toronto, but requires a Dish 500Plus or 1000Plus.

See ya
Tony

Having a Dish 1000.2, I could simply run another dish into the input and be go to go?

See ya
Tony

How long have the Detroit HD locals been on 118.75? Why / when would they move them off 118.75?

ABC and CBS started at 118.75° on July 5, 2006. NBC started on July 17 the same year. The Fox followed later. At the time there was no room at 61.5. Eastern Arc wasn't even a plan yet. They will eventually leave 118.75° but I have no idea when.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts