Details on DishDVR Advantage?

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
This was mentioned in the latest Retailer Chat. Does anyone have any details on exactly what is included? Is it just a fixed price for the Top200 package? Does it waive DVR fees? (Why the "DVR" in the name if not?)

Can you still upgrade to HD later, even during the 18 month period?

Brad

They didn't really give much details about that, only what was shown in the slide.

I would imagine it includes the DVR fee, but I am not 100% sure.

Attachments

• chat32.jpg
    chat32.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 376
Any idea when we would find out more scott and when we can contact a CSR that would know?Do you have to do Credit Card Auto pay?I have been with Dish Network for 10 years and have never been late for a bill.

Any idea when we would find out more scott and when we can contact a CSR that would know?Do you have to do Credit Card Auto pay?I have been with Dish Network for 10 years and have never been late for a bill.
They did say that you MUST pay via Credit Card Auto pay. Thats one of the reasons they can give a discount, as it requires less processing on their end. (ie set it and forget it) :)

It wont be available until February 1st, so we should have full details by then. :)

Ah, they almost had me ready to jump back to the AT200 (I had AT180) before, based on this. :)

Given that I already am paying ~$10 for my 2 DVRs and currently $5.99 for locals, it would net about $33/month. That could make it worthwhile for me. :)

Though the locals will be removed after the super bowl since I really only got them to be able to watch football games. :)

Brad

Do you have more details on the Dish DVR Advantage?Is the DVR Waiver fees good only on the AEP Pack?

The slide isn't that clear since it lists "Fee-based dual tuner". The way I interpret that is that you will still have DVR fees with that package. Unfortunate.. looks like AEP is still the only option for waiving DVR fees. And the $10/month increase for "Platinum" stinks. :)

I think this if brilliant by the marketing guys at Dish. They fooled all of you in to thinking they are waiving DVR fees just like in the Everything Pak.

Do the math! The price of the DVR fee is in the package!

New AT200 = $42.99 + Locals = $5.00 + DVR Fee = $5.98 = Total = $53.97
VS.
Dish DVR Advantage = $49.99

Just like the slide says, You only save $3.98. Yet by hiding the DVR fee in the package you think you saving an extra $5.98.

It's a mind trick. A great sales strategy. They will tell new customers that the DishDVR Advantage has no fees (unlike Cable & DirecTV), but it is really hidden in the price of the package.

It fooled me too for a second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)