Determine which dish reflector I have?

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Any way to determine which dish reflector I have? I know check switch shows 1k.2, but I'm assuming that's just the LNB. I'm on WA.

Not really -- doesn't the check switch just show the LNB installed? It could be a 1000.4 dish with the 1k.2 lnb, or does the 1000.4 have a different WA lnb?

The 1k.2 LNB only works on WA (not counting the 2-LNB EA variant.) The 1k.4 has both EA and WA variants but the LNB is indeed a 1k.4 either way. In that case you just determine the arc you are pointed at (61.5/72.7/77 or 110/119/129.)

Of your LNB says 1k.2 and you are pointed at 110/119/129 then it is a safe bet to say that you are using a 1000.2.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

The 1k2 reflector is not interchangeable with the 1k4 & vice versa. However the lnb on the 1k4 is interchangeable between wa & ea for the same dish, the installation summary will tell you what you have. If you have a 1k2 wa in the installation summary there is a 99.9% likelihood that the reflector is for a 1k2 also.

The differences I have noticed is the 1K.4 dish has a long adjustment rod in the back.Some installers did not like it,where others did alot of them said with the 1K.4 dish they could tweek the signal more because there was more adjustments on the 1K.4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts