Detroit Area 1000+ Install

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
Out of my LSC I'm the second tech to officially install the 1000+ today, with great success.

I mounted it on a pole and trenched the line to the ground blocks, mounted the 44 in its place, one and done install. I really wish I had my digtal camera for this install, it was art. Manager came on site didn't have his camera. Anyhow--

My skew was at 125 elevation at 31, at first I utilized this new high tech meter (sat buddy - applied instruments) to tune in directly off the 118.7, this meter had way too many bells and whistles so I just tuned it in with my cheap analog in a minute, hooked the sat buddy back up verfied I was on the 118.7

My signal levels were just a nudge over 90 on 119/110/129, 86 on the 118.7

I recommend to use extreme caution with the LNB bracket assembly for the DP singles, the bracket seems very weak, in other words it wouldnt take more then a bump of the LNB as a whole to break the bracket.

All in all definately addresses 129 issues and 118.7 will come in roughly 5-6 points lower then the rest of the 3 sats across the board when tuned. Most likely due to it being FSS.

volkodav

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
us
we keep getting LNBS, arms, and mast but not reflectors. personally i installed first Dish 1000+ in MN what an experience some one dropped it before it got delivered, ii had hard time aiming it.
ended up using my 5 inch HDTV (black and white TV) next of the dish with 301 receiver trying to max all signals

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
Thanks for this update...my 1000+ install has been rescheduled about 5-6 times now, but Dish hasn't called yet to reschedule my install for tomorrow...so hopefully I'll be on my 1000+ w/HD locals soon- in Milford, MI.

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
luckycat said:
Thanks for this update...my 1000+ install has been rescheduled about 5-6 times now, but Dish hasn't called yet to reschedule my install for tomorrow...so hopefully I'll be on my 1000+ w/HD locals soon- in Milford, MI.[/QUOTE

Milford is serviced by the Wixom office, I work out of Ann Arbor so I can't speak for their inventory.

The 1000+ install I refrenced, I actually used the testing dish at our shop in order to get the job done.

Our shop still hasn't recieved next to anything for 500/1000+ supplies so it may still take awhile.

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
volkodav said:
we keep getting LNBS, arms, and mast but not reflectors. personally i installed first Dish 1000+ in MN what an experience some one dropped it before it got delivered, ii had hard time aiming it.
ended up using my 5 inch HDTV (black and white TV) next of the dish with 301 receiver trying to max all signals

That takes effort. I can personally see alot of people cancelling the job in that situation but you went the extra mile, I give you props!

trafter

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
I could not get anyone at DISH to even talk to me about installing a 500+ dish. I finally sent two e-mails to ceo@dishnetwork and they have scheduled me for Saturday pm. I'm in the South Lyon area, so we'll see if I actually get one.

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
trafter said:
I could not get anyone at DISH to even talk to me about installing a 500+ dish. I finally sent two e-mails to ceo@dishnetwork and they have scheduled me for Saturday pm. I'm in the South Lyon area, so we'll see if I actually get one.

I definately wouldn't let your eggs hatch too soon. If the equipment is not in, frankly it's not in. I'm curious as to why CSR keeps dishing out these work orders where we don't have the equipment in return just giving all of us headaches.

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
My install was pushed to August 21st (Milford)...so I'll be waiting for HD locals.

I had my 1000+ scheduled via the executive support staff (Ceo@dishnetwork.com), but the install has still been postponed 4-5 times. Just wait for an automated call from Dish 1-2 days before the scheduled install date.

trafter

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
rcdallas said:
I definately wouldn't let your eggs hatch too soon. If the equipment is not in, frankly it's not in. I'm curious as to why CSR keeps dishing out these work orders where we don't have the equipment in return just giving all of us headaches.

Well, I talked to someone (Jenny) in the "executive offices". She claimed that while there were no 1000+ available, there were 500+ out there. She also gave me her direct number and told me she would be working on Saturday when my install is scheduled. Since what I wanted was a 500+ (not really sold on that 129 satellite - like my 61.5!) that works out fine for me - might not be good for others but...

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
trafter said:
Well, I talked to someone (Jenny) in the "executive offices". She claimed that while there were no 1000+ available, there were 500+ out there. She also gave me her direct number and told me she would be working on Saturday when my install is scheduled. Since what I wanted was a 500+ (not really sold on that 129 satellite - like my 61.5!) that works out fine for me - might not be good for others but...

Makes no sense at all - the 1000+ IS the 500+ dish, just with a simple LNB added.

This makes me wonder if they are still short on DPP44 switches?

trafter

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
masterdeals said:
Makes no sense at all - the 1000+ IS the 500+ dish, just with a simple LNB added.

This makes me wonder if they are still short on DPP44 switches?
Since I already have the dpp44 switch, I'm good to go. And I'm just repeating what she said - I've generally had good luck with the ceo folks.

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
trafter said:

I know, your repeating what she said -- I wonder what she's thinking? It's all the same thing minus the extra DP Single/Dual.

trafter

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2003
Well, Saturday morning my wife got the dreaded "We have to reschedule" call. I was out for the moment and when I got back I immediately tried to call Jenny. She wasn't in until 10AM mountain time. So I waited and called her back. She told me that she had been working on it and found that the reason for the delay was because of the "switch". I said that I have a DPP-44 (installed by DISH, by the way, less than two months ago). She said they had the 500+ so they just needed to come out and install. She said she would call me back. I waited a couple of hours and called her back. She said that she had a message and an e-mail in to the supervisor and as soon as she heard from them, she'd call back. I received no calls yesterday. The reschedule they told my wife was August 27!! Not exactly a happy camper. DISH puts the Detroit locals on some weird satellite that can't be received by any of their current dishes and then doesn't have any of the new dishes in stock. Oh and this is in the Directv test market for hd locals that have been up since around February. Gosh, I'm glad I'm a loyal customer that spends big bucks with these guys - otherwise I don't know how they'd treat me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)