Detroit Locals are on 129!!

trailerman68

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Michigan
I was so surprised to come home from work tonight and see that the Detroit HD locals were on my screen. Last week I spoke with a CSR and they told me they didn't know when they would be on 129. They were prepared to send out a free wing dish...but told them i would wait. Boy, am I glad that I did....so nice to see my local news in HD !!!

With Detroit HD Locals on 61.5 and 129 are they going to remove them from 118.

If so, I have a problem. I get no signal on 61.5 spotbeam 3.

With Detroit HD Locals on 61.5 and 129 are they going to remove them from 118.

If so, I have a problem. I get no signal on 61.5 spotbeam 3.

Make sure you aren't confusing the spotbeam number with the transponder number. Detroit locals are on 61.5 Spotbeam 10 Transponder 3.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

Yes, at some point in the future they will remove them from 118 and leave them on 61.5 and 129.

Make sure you aren't confusing the spotbeam number with the transponder number. Detroit locals are on 61.5 Spotbeam 10 Transponder 3.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

Yes, at some point in the future they will remove them from 118 and leave them on 61.5 and 129.

I don't think I am confusing them. I get no signal on 61.5 transponder 3. Acording to the spot beam map, I am pretty much in the center. Zip Code 48843. Midway between Detroit and Lansing near I-96.

Thanks

I am configured to use 61.5 and 118.7. If I am watch one of the Detroit HD locals the channel will at times change to 9900. If both tuners set to Detroit HD locals, both will change to 9900. I have seen this happen when using the split screen mode. If recording one of the stations at the time of the switch, the recording will stop.

I have observed that after the channel change the reported satellite (from the info screen) will have changed.

Has anyone else seen this odd behavior? I have a service call scheduled for Monday. There was talk of eliminating 118.7, if the 61.5 signal issue is not really an issue. Another option would be set up for 129.

Repoint your 61.5 dish to 129. Problem solved. Or........if you have 118, you probably have a Dish 500+......add the LNB for 129. (You may need a new switch).

It appears the Detroit locals have been removed from the 118, although I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the uplink reports. Can anyone confirm?

As far as I can tell they are still there but I don't have a 500+ or 1000+ Dish to confirm.

What makes you think they are removed?

I was watching the Detroit HD locals on 118 earler today.

It turns out I do have a signal on 61.5 transponder 3. I takes up to 3 minutes for the Point Dish screen to show anything.

Since I the only programing I get from 118 is the HD Locals, we removed 118.

As far as I can tell they are still there but I don't have a 500+ or 1000+ Dish to confirm.

What makes you think they are removed?

I "moved" to Detroit a while ago when the Detroit local went Conus on 118. Since the Detroit locals were added to 61/129 I have been unable to pickup the Detroit locals. Hence my assumption that they've been removed from the 118.

I've done the obvious things like a multiple singal/switch checks to confirm that it wasn't another problem.

Any other ideas???

I "moved" to Detroit a while ago when the Detroit local went Conus on 118. Since the Detroit locals were added to 61/129 I have been unable to pickup the Detroit locals. Hence my assumption that they've been removed from the 118.

I've done the obvious things like a multiple singal/switch checks to confirm that it wasn't another problem.

Any other ideas???

Unhook 61.5 and or 129 from your setup and do a check switch. You'll see the Detroit locals are there. Your receiver is probably defaulting to 129/61.5 to pick up the Detroit locals. Of course without 61.5/129 in your check switch configuration you'll be missing most of your HD channels.

Time to pack up the UHaul and find another town.

Unhook 61.5 and or 129 from your setup and do a check switch. You'll see the Detroit locals are there. Your receiver is probably defaulting to 129/61.5 to pick up the Detroit locals. Of course without 61.5/129 in your check switch configuration you'll be missing most of your HD channels.

Time to pack up the UHaul and find another town.

And, if you have timers set to 118, they will still record. Just not showing in your guide.

And, if you have timers set to 118, they will still record. Just not showing in your guide.[/QUOTE

Actually its the opposite. Everything still shows in the guide but timer don't fire and when I tune to the channels I get a message stating: "Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible. You may still watch non-local programming by pressing the GUIDE button on your remote control and selecting another channel."

I will do a test tomorrow by disconnecting the 129 and see if that is what is causing the issue. But as previously mentioned even if it worksm I would have to trade almost all other HD for the Detroit locals...not a great deal.

Thanks.

Yep, the slate you are getting is because there is no signal for that spotbeam in your area. When you get the message go to the Point Dish signal screen and you'll see where it is trying to pull from.

The 129 test will work but you'll lose all your HD channels so it's kinda pointless. Find another DMA.

Yep, the slate you are getting is because there is no signal for that spotbeam in your area. When you get the message go to the Point Dish signal screen and you'll see where it is trying to pull from.

The 129 test will work but you'll lose all your HD channels so it's kinda pointless. Find another DMA.

As you correctly predicted once I disconnected the 129, I was then able to get the Detroit locals off the 118.

Okay...I've got to ask the obvious question, the one that I am sure I know the answer to... Is there ANY way to set which satellite takes priority (ie make it look for the 118 before 129)???? Anyone???:confused:

As you correctly predicted once I disconnected the 129, I was then able to get the Detroit locals off the 118.

Okay...I've got to ask the obvious question, the one that I am sure I know the answer to... Is there ANY way to set which satellite takes priority (ie make it look for the 118 before 129)???? Anyone???:confused:

Nope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)