Detroit Locals

cjsmigelski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
Toledo, Ohio
I seem to be having problems receiving My Detroit locals in HD off of the 61.5 bird. I am not getting a signal off of transponder 3. However if I reboot my receiver the channels sometimes reappear with the signal coming from 118 is there anything that can be done? We tried re-aiming the 61.5 dish but to no avail. Any help would be welcome.:confused:

Dunno if this means anything for you but I'm in the Flint DMA and also receive my HD locals on TP03/61.5. I'm NOT having a problem receiving them BUT for the last couple of months if you try check signal strength you can wait 'til hell freezes over and it never shows being locked or any ss. I did discover that if I swap back & forth between Tuner 1 & Tuner 2 while trying to check strength it will show a ss for a second and its good. I have no idea why it doesn't give any info as it used to (although it always took maybe a half minute or so). This doesn't occur on any other TP of any sat. I have an EA/1000.4 dish and 622 & 722 receivers. I posted about this a couple times but no one ever reported experiencing this. I don't know how I'd ever peak the dish if I wasn't receiving them without a ss being shown:confused:.
Good luck!

Ed

cjsmigelski - what is the configuration of your system? My guess is that you have a dish 500+ with a 61.5 wing with all four sats feeding into a DP+44 switch. If you do not subscribe to international programming, power down your entire system (including switch power inserter) and disconnect the 118.7 feed from the switch so that it will get your local HD channels off the 61.5. You can find which port on the switch the 118.7 sat is plugged into on the checkswitch screen (Menu 6-1-1 and then click on "check switch"). Supposedly there has been a software issue causing the problem your having. The receiver will try to look for your HD locals where they aren't supposed to be anymore(118.7). For some reason, the receivers always take a long time to lock onto tp3.

Last edited:
the HD locals for Det are just basically weak off the 61.5, trans. 3. Its a known issue. The HD locals have recently been put back in the 118 in the upper channels, 5000 and something. Signal strentg is much stronger, usually mid 60s.

the HD locals for Det are just basically weak off the 61.5, trans. 3. Its a known issue. The HD locals have recently been put back in the 118 in the upper channels, 5000 and something. Signal strentg is much stronger, usually mid 60s.

They haven't been "put back". They are there because they will be removed soon. They are there for customers that do not have 61.5 or 129 to get the locals. If you have issues with 61.5 in your area, I suggest pointing at 129.

Here's the coverage:
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

Wish they would move them to a different Spotbeam / Transponder or another satellite on EA. Very poor signal quality causing my phone to ring off hook every time it rains!!!

I peek every Eastern Arc dish i install on the 61.5, Just to max out the signal for Detriot locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)