Dexter Returning?

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
:)Could have sworn that last season was supposed to have been the last one. My wife agrees with me, we read and heard that over and over. Now in this morning's Plain Dealer we see that season 7 is scheduled to begin on Sept. 30th. Don't get me wrong, we are very happy to see this, but why have we never seen or heard anything til today? Maybe because we cancelled Showtime after the final episode of The Borgias?

My mom is a big Dexter fan and told me that I would enjoy the show. Of course, I didn't feel like paying for Showtime but I did wind-up watching seasons 1-3 on Netflix a couple years ago. Well, Comcast recently hooked me up with a great deal so I have Showtime once again. Sure, I missed seasons 4-5 (they have only been available via Amazon) but I was able to watch Season 6 OnDemand over the summer and I'm really looking forward to Season 7. Terrific cliffhanger last years.

Thanks for the link Mike. Still don't understand last season supposed to be the final one, and then it is coming back. Did the public raise a stink or what?

Last edited:
Could Showtime resurrect Dexter? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/might-see-return-favorite-vigilante-033034469.html
Fans of the popular Showtime series Dexter know that while the show had a stellar run through its eight seasons, the ending didn’t quite live up to expectations. So it seems that it’s one program that’s ripe for a reboot. And that could maybe, possibly, happen. David Nevins, head of Showtime, recently admitted at the TCA press tour panel that Dexter is one old favorite that could be resurrected.According to Inquisitr.com, Nevin noted that Dexter is the “one show” he would think about continuing. Not surprising, though, he said any type of reboot would have to involve Michael C. Hall, who excellently played the title character. “I would only do it with Michael,” he said. “It remains to be seen if they’re going to want to do it, if I’m going to want to do it.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts