DHA and euipment change

mammothskier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
DHA and equipment change

I have install scheduled for Sat under DHA. I plan on getting 522 and 811. Knowing that both of them have issues, will I be able to change 522 to 510 and/or drop 811 for non-HDTV receiver. I know 510 is one tuner and 522 is two. Dish CSR are telling conflicting stories, one said $49.95 for equipment change, another one - free for 90 days, then $14.95 if no truck roll is needed.

I would love to have HD, but with extremely limited selection and questionable OTA with 811, I am not sure.

Buying 721 instead of leasing 522 is out of question, as I would go with D* then. The only reason I am going with Dish is possibility to get HD without paying $300 for a receiver.

Thanks in advance.

the official answer from the executive office is that you can switch out within 90 days for nothing. you may have to go to the executive office to get it done. but i have at least 2 credible executive officers that can attest to that. Dealing with Dish CSR's is playing CSR roulette truly. I am a DHA customer but I bought my 811. I had to go through 3 CSR's before they would transfer me to activate the darn thing. in the end most things that are reasonable get done.

I wouldn't switch. Those receivers aren't bad, especially since your basically leasing them for free.

BFG said:
I wouldn't switch. Those receivers aren't bad, especially since your basically leasing them for free.

I agree.. i am quite happy with the recievers i have (see sig) I have had to RMA one 522 because of a faulty power supply. but shy of that no Gigantic problems.

Officially you can change products in the first three days, after that you may have to go to Executive Offices. It all depends on what you expect for quality of software and product performing as it should. Personally I will no longer sell either model because I don't think DISH has a quality product. I sell only the 311 and 510 other models don't live up to what Directv receivers deliver.

boba said:
Officially you can change products in the first three days, after that you may have to go to Executive Offices. It all depends on what you expect for quality of software and product performing as it should. Personally I will no longer sell either model because I don't think DISH has a quality product. I sell only the 311 and 510 other models don't live up to what Directv receivers deliver.

Actually, that is not correct. Officially, if you go through a retailer, you are supposed to be able to switch anything within the first 30 days at no cost. (You can contact Executive Offices if the retailer refuses.) If you go through DISH, you also have the 30-day period but, in cases of product problems, it is supposed to a 3-month period.

I went through a retailer which refused to make a swap within the 30-day period. Once we had a conference call with Executive Services, they had it swapped within two days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)