DHA questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bbtkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
I have two questions regarding DHA (Digital Home Advantage). First of all, I was just installed with one 811 and three 311's. They prefer to give you an 811, a 322, and a 311 but I did not want to add any wiring for the 322.

My first question is whether I can add a receiver bought elsewhere. Hopefully I can since I have one coming - and I have bought a second DP34 switch. I intend to install it myself, then call for activation. But - I just got reading about the DHA and am wondering if they will allow it. I would think so since I would essentially be paying them $5/mo and they did not have to provide the receiver.

My second question is regarding them waiving the $5/mo fee for extra receivers when they are each plugged into a modem. I have heard about this - but is it a reality? Do I just have to plug them in, and then when the receivers phone home regularly they will reduce my bill? The installer said that the 311's did not need to be plugged into a modem, since they relay any PPV info to the 811 via the multiswitch.

bbtkd said:
I
My second question is regarding them waiving the $5/mo fee for extra receivers when they are each plugged into a modem. I have heard about this - but is it a reality? Do I just have to plug them in, and then when the receivers phone home regularly they will reduce my bill? The installer said that the 311's did not need to be plugged into a modem, since they relay any PPV info to the 811 via the multiswitch.

In regards to the second question, this is only for the 322 or 522, so just keep your 322 or 522 plugged into a phone jack.(in your case no)

I also have a question to other, regarding what your installer said, this I don't know but would like to know if it is true. Say you have any combo of Receivers hooked to a multi-switch, and say receiver A is hooked to phone line and you order a PPV on Reciever B, will E* still pick it up and charge you?
I've never heard of this but this is interesting????

No. The receivers do NOT talk to each other via the coax or phone lines.

It could've been done using coax, but E* seems to be going down a different road - DishComm - and IIRC, it's supposed to use the house power lines.

Why they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't use their OWN cable that they have COMPLETE control of is anybody's guess, burt then again, this is E* we're talking about.

Probably the same reason as E* not providing OTA ports on their switches. :mad:

You know.. as long as they kept it in the 0-900MHz frequency.. they could probably do it on their own lines. It would interfere with diplexers and off air/TV2 though. Probably why they didn't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)