DHP Current Customers Given Hope by Charlie!

That's surprising - although I have heard one other person who called and the exec CSR wanted them to commit to 1yr. programming for the $199 price, so they called back and spoke to someone else who did it right off the bat with no commitment. I would try calling again. If other people are getting this deal, you should be able to also. Hang in there!

Yeah I was hoping it would be that easy. I even mentioned I was willing to commit to another year and the HD package but that didn't matter. He was hung up on the DHP part. 'Mario' is supposed to call back in a day or two after checking on it. If he doesn't call back by then or says 'no' I'll call them again. I am in DFW area and it sounds like 811's are hard to come by anyway. Oh well, its worth the wait for $199.

Maybe they are catching on and decided to not do it at that number either or may not do it in the near future, even though Charlie said DHP customers were eligible.

When I called the executive office today my install was setup. The way it was done was thru an email that I sent to Charlie Ergen. Read my email in this tread and send your version. Please do not copy it just change the wording a little and send it to ceo@dishnetwork.com Charlie sent it to someone. I had no idea that I would have the 811 installed on Friday. Dish never called or responded to my original email.

Going thru the normal CSR is a waste of your time.

After being denied by the regular CSR last night, I called the executive number and was able to purchase the 811 for $199, CC autopay, and a years commitment to at least the top 50 package. I've had the DHP for 11.5 months with Americas top 100 and locals. This deal seemed reasonable since it was what was announced on the Charlie Chat. I wish I would of asked why I did not qualify for the $149 deal though. I guess I would say I am reasonably satisfied. Thanks to all for the tip on the deal.

Duckboy, did you happen to catch the name of your agent? I have the same status as you, but my CSR at the executive number didn't know about DHP customers qualifying for the $199 deal. I guess I'll try again.

I guess I needed to register after two guests' posts. Anyway, Seth was the CSR that I spoke to at the executive office. Hope this helps you out.

StevenD said:
Bunkerbob....Good luck! Currently there are no 811s in the DFW area. Seems they all went to Oklahoma!

StevenD: you we're right. Dish called today to reschedule 811 install to Dec 19 due to lack of stock. Will keep my fingers crossed.

I call them at least once a day just so they dont forget about me. :D

Dish told me Im first on the list as soon as they get some in stock.

The dish corporate CSR called me back and gave some interesting news. He said the $199 '811 upgrade' will be available for DHP customers starting 12/22. He said I had to call back then to get the deal. I wonder if they are trying to slow down these 811 deals for current customers so they can be sure to have enough for new customers. Anyway, it seems I'll be able to get one and better late than never. Maybe I'll call again just to see if I get the same story.

I am a DHP customer and have tried twice on the "regular" number and have been holding off on calling the Exec Office number. On my second try (today) I too was told it would be available to DHP customers on 12/22.

To confirm what was going on I called the regular number tonight for the 811 deal and was placed on hold "while prices were checked." The reply after a minute or two: "the 811 was currently full price for existing DHP customers but a promo would be offered soon."

Perhaps they do not want people calling the executive office for the deal anymore, that they caught on, but at least they are giving a date for a promo for the regular line when most people call in.

I didn't even bring up the 811 and the regular CSR offered it to me (existing DHP). Have the 508 and called for the 49.99 DHP upgrade special to switch out a 301 for the 510. I just thought it was interesting that some of the regular CSRs are already offering the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)