Dhpp

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
I have a question about the DHPP.

What does it do for me? I have a 622 (leased) and a few older receivers (owned) if any of them fail will the DHPP cover that? Can I replace my *broken* 622 with a newer unit? Does it cover faulty LNB? I'm just not sure what we pay that fee for.

Also, once I'm out of the 18 month contract, do I need to continue pay for the DHPP, or is it one of those things you can sign up for before something breaks and then submit a claim.

Any info is appreciated.

if something brakes for example a box or LNB and you feel comfortable replacing it your self dish will send it to you for free. but if some one have to come out to do that it will be $29.

if something brakes for example a box or LNB and you feel comfortable replacing it your self dish will send it to you for free. but if some one have to come out to do that it will be $29.

That is true only if you're paying for DHPP? I'm very comfortable replacing things myself. What I'm trying to figure out is, if I need to keep paying for DHPP or if I can stop it and when something breaks start it back up again and then submit a claim.

So far my 622 has been pretty reliable, I've had it for almost 2 years. However, I have noticed over the last month it has rebooted more than it has in the past year. I'm feeling that this could be a sign of it starting to fail (plus the HDD has been running for 2 years non stop!). So maybe I should have E* send me a replacement (can I upgrade to the 722 at that point? or will it put me into another 18 months) and after that, i'll cancel the DHPP. Then if one of my other receivers takes a dive, i'll re-activate DHPP and submit a claim.

That is true only if you're paying for DHPP? I'm very comfortable replacing things myself. What I'm trying to figure out is, if I need to keep paying for DHPP or if I can stop it and when something breaks start it back up again and then submit a claim.

So far my 622 has been pretty reliable, I've had it for almost 2 years. However, I have noticed over the last month it has rebooted more than it has in the past year. I'm feeling that this could be a sign of it starting to fail (plus the HDD has been running for 2 years non stop!). So maybe I should have E* send me a replacement (can I upgrade to the 722 at that point? or will it put me into another 18 months) and after that, i'll cancel the DHPP. Then if one of my other receivers takes a dive, i'll re-activate DHPP and submit a claim.
From what others have said, you can add it and then call the next day with the problem.

Geoff

I dropped DHPP and then my HDMI died. Called Dish and they said I owned my 622 so it would cost 19.95 to send me another one. It came with a prepaid return label.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts