Diagnostics channel...

JohnDaddyo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa Bay Florida
in my area Tampa Bay/Clearwater ch 1994 is it. I wonder, has anyone been able to decipher the info? I ask because changing from some chs to another is long. 7-8 secs. Usually it seems like going from a 480i ch to a 1080i ch takes the longest. Also, the same is true for simply turning on the box if it has been off for a few hours.

I'm sorry I did not post back. I did not get email nhotice of replies.
Actually, I simply enter the ch number and it comes up. there are 6 pages, nothing you can change.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Duh! You are right - missed it.

Interesting data. [I would mask some numbers on first screen what identify your box/address].
I don't see anything what would direct to troubleshoot that slow switching SD to HD channels. Perhaps your TV just taking the time. If your box have setting for output signal, try to use fix value like 1080i.

Back in the day, you could hold down the diamond button (picture of a diamond.. dunno if its still a button on today's STBs..) and the select button... or some combo of two buttons.. after the box was powered on and running..... you'd know it was working if you heard a "ding" noise on the TV. then you could go to channel 611 or 6111 ... and the diag menu set appeared.... Very similar to the diag stuff in your shots.

Not sure if this is still the case on today's STBs... I don't use them anymore so can't verify.

Scientific Atlanta B.I.G. D9708

Hope this is the right forum for this question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)