Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
They just had Dick Clark on TV, he looked good! His speech was slurred, but he looked good!

God bless Dick Clark!!

Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
What channel did you see that on, I missed it.

Happy New Year Scott and to all

He looked good but he was kind of hard to understand. I didn't know he was in bad health till I heard him talking. I guess he has had a stroke or something. Anyway, its great to see him and I hope he stays healthy.

BrettTRay said:
He looked good but he was kind of hard to understand. I didn't know he was in bad health till I heard him talking. I guess he has had a stroke or something. Anyway, its great to see him and I hope he stays healthy.

He suffered a stroke on December 8th 2004.
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15482,00.html?tnews
This is why he was out last year. It was reported as a "mild" stroke. There is no such thing. Glad to see him back even if he was hard to understand.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
He suffered a stroke on December 8th 2004.
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15482,00.html?tnews
This is why he was out last year. It was reported as a "mild" stroke. There is no such thing. Glad to see him back even if he was hard to understand.
See ya
Tony
Damn, it was that long ago. Where have I been?
What ever happened to that show that he did with Mario Lopez and Danny Bonaduce? I liked that.

I did not expect him to be in that bad of shape when I saw him on tonight. I noticed his slurred speach as well. He looked good though. I guess I'm just used to hearing Dick Clark without the slurs.

i'm sorry he felt the need to do this...his speech was slurred, he had trouble with the countdown, his right arm was obviously rendered immobile from the stroke...i would have liked to remember dick clark as he was and he is rich enough and old enough to retire from the public eye at this point...

I think this will be his last year. This is really the only time people see Dick Clark anymore since he's more of a behind-the-scenes producer type now. I think he wanted to go out, say "I'm here, I'm OK" and can now hang it up. He's got tons of money and really doesn't need to do this anymore. That's been the case for 15 years but now with the stroke I think he's going to step down.

Ryan Seacrest for the next 50 years...oh...my...god...

Personally as long as he wants to come out slurred speech and all that's perfectly
fine by me

dick clark has always been king of the air waves. from american bandstand to the ifc shows in new york, where everyone wanted to preform. then he took over rock and bullwinkles place on sunset blvd to become dick clark productions. if you were a singer he was the man to know. of course he had to give up his record companies by the fcc. the man always had a prefect manicure his finger were shot more than any hand model today. america's oldest teenager finally got ole last night, glad i caught it, and didn't go clubing. he was my teenage idol. big r.c. remains a teenager in my mind also.

I think he did a good job last night. I would be honored to have Dick Clark come into my home every New Years Eve slured speach or not.

The first time they showed him he actually explained what happened to him.

The guy is an american institution.

I thought it was terrific that he was there last night. I've seen the guy since the B/W days of American Bandstand, through numerous New Years countdowns, and the stint he did as host on $100,000 Pyramid. Like Scott said, he's an American institution...

They are supposed to tell how his health is on ET (Entertainment Tonight) airing Monday.

It seemed like he really appreciated being there this time and that it meant a lot to him that he could still do it even though he went through such a stroke. It probably means a bit more to him now than it did before.

Dick Clark is a tv legend. Slurred speach-No big deal, he is still the Dick Clark we all remember all these years. I would love to see him in Times Square every year if he is physically able and wants to do the new year's bash. A lot of people would miss him if he was not bringing in the new year.
Trucker

He said he felt good, was there until 1am so the crowd would be thinner when he left. Story on yahoo about it...

I love dick clark, straight shooter and isn't uptight when he does interviews, but the guy can't live forever. It'd be better for him and viewers for him to leave on his own, not have him be replaced because he passed away. Ease people into seacrest (there's a joke there somewhere...) and then let dick retire if he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)