Did dish drop local on the 8's from ch. 214?

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Since there has not been any more testing or trigger icon from weather channel 214, did dish dump on the long awaited local on the 8's and why does their website still shows the icon trigger during the local weather break??? Why just remove this portion from the website since it never really
materialized........rolou21.

I never even got the weather on the 8's so for me if they dumped it not a big loss... I was looking forward to it when it was announced LAST YEAR, but being with E* for almost eight years now I don't get excited unless I see it is something that works... CC

This is a standard and oft repeated case of Dish selling something it doesn't have.

I remember thinking that last October (not the one that most recently passed) we would be getting local on the 8's....

Well, they did finally come out with NBR for the 501/508/510 but what was it 3 or 4 years late???

Well, they did finally come out with NBR for the 501/508/510 but what was it 3 or 4 years late???

I have two 508's and no NBR, so as far as I am concerned that is still vaporware! Maybe it will take them another year to roll it out? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)