Did i get a good deal ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did you verify with DirecTV that it was an owned and not a leased receiver since the HR20's came out after they went to the leased model for receivers.

D* may charge you for a new access card, I think that's about $25, so that would make it a $175 deal. For $199 you could get a new HR22 that has a new remote and all the cables plus a larger harddrive. Down sides is you're looking at a 2 year commitment and if you want ATSC another $50 for the AM21. If it was me I'd just get a new HR22 (or HR23 if you find one) since not worred about another 2 years and a nice new box vs. an unknown.

hmm.. rather have an owned one.. that i can modify for example open and replace th hard drvie..inside and hae ATSC integrated.. without having an extra box on top,, and with extra all the cable crap connected.. too much mess behind my tv allready

I think the deal is about avg; BUT if you plan on modding it AND you are 110% sure it will be owned AND that the unit is "clear" then maybe you gained something of value. I still have not found the need for a 3rd of 4th tuner or a HUGE HDD but I guess some have. I myself somewhat like the idea off being able to swap out units as needed when new tech or issues come around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)