Did I hear Charlie right tonite about Significally viewed channels??

SaltiDawg said:
So why are my locals currently mapped in the 8000 range??

They aren't. Your channels are NOT mapped in the 8000 range. The channel is uplinked in the 8000 range which means the channel is PRESENT AND AVAILABLE in the 8000 range. It is NOT uplinked in the lower range. It is MAPPED to the regular channel numbers such as 4, 7, 11, etc. There is a difference between mirroring and mapping. There is not a single local channel in the entire system that is "mirrored" to a low channel number like 4, 7, or 11. They are mapped which, I believe, is an action done by each individual RECEIVER.

SaltiDawg said:
I'm only guessing, but the potential exists where one might be receiving Ch-4, for example, from both one's own DMA and also from the adjacent DMA.??

If you had read my previous reply, you wouldn't be asking that question since I've already explained it. I'll repeat it again. Significantly viewed channels are mapped to the 60s range, NOT THE ACTUAL CHANNEL NUMBER. All SV channels are mapped to the 60s REGARDLESS OF THEIR TRUE CHANNEL NUMBER. Therefore, the problem you stated of having two channels 4s would NOT be an issue. The channel 4 from your DMA would be mapped to channel 4. The significantly viewed channel 4 would be mapped to a channel in the 60s. Duplicate channel numbers would NOT be an issue.

SaltiDawg said:
Is anyone currently receiving any "significantly viewed" channels?

Yeah. Me. And select residents of Tyler TX, Baltimore, Austin TX, Terre Haute IN, a couple of counties in MS, and Albany GA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts