Did Lynchburg/Roanoke HD Local get turned on

Local stations have to agree to carriage terms or request must-carry status.

A PoP (point of presence) must be established at which the local broadcasts are received/captured via OTA signal, microwave, fiber or some other means.

The captured signals at the PoP must be sent by fiber optic cable to an uplink station for the transponder on which the channels will be transmitted from orbit.

The captured signals are uplinked to the satellite transponder for relay transmitting back to earth.

Getting a fiber link from the PoP to the uplink station can account for the holdup as can lack of infrastructure at the PoP or carriage agreements.

A PoP (point of presence) must be established at which the local broadcasts are received/captured via OTA signal, microwave, fiber or some other means.

The captured signals at the PoP must be sent by fiber optic cable to an uplink station for the transponder on which the channels will be transmitted from orbit.

The captured signals are uplinked to the satellite transponder for relay transmitting back to earth.

Getting a fiber link from the PoP to the uplink station can account for the holdup as can lack of infrastructure at the PoP or carriage agreements.

I understand that there is alot to work out to get this programming available.... but Dish seems to have made it happen for 90% of the US.

My problem is with the fact that they said March 2009. In my opinion, to announce a date, they should have 99% of the infrastucture and agreements in place. If they didnt, they should have just said, "coming soon" :)

All I am looking for now is an explanation from Dish as to who is responsible for this mess of a situation. It went from "March 2009" to "Coming soon" to "Nowhere to be found on any list".

I want Dish to say, we thought we had everything in place and we messed up with the timing. Or for them to say, we are ready, but we cant come to terms with the local affialate and therefore we are delayed.

I waited patiently while seeing market after market get added, but I do get irratated when a service is scheduled, but not delivered.

All these criteria have been met. The fiber signal has reached destination.

We heard that a technical problem developed, may have something to do with the spot beam on 129 tr5.

fred

Well at least that makes sense.... I just wish they would admit that, instead of having everyone play the guessing game.

The guessing game sucks..... lets play hungry hungry hippos.

Yeah I didn't think there was, going to try to pull in 129, with the 61.5 dish I do have. I can't wait till they go live.

When you swing the dish around...take a sharpie and mark on the pole where the dish was originally so you can put it back in case you can't find 129.

Put your receiver on an active transponder on 61.5 that is also active with national HD. Check the List link in my signature. Transponder 22 works well since it is national and both in 8PSK mode on both satellites. Swing it over to 129 and you should see the wrong satellite message when you get to 129. Tweak it in, and then run a check switch. A very simple 15-30 minute job and you're done...granted if you have LOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts