Did my 722 just die on me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Nevermind. It's working again. I think it just had to reset a time or two.

Edit Well, it had been working but now it cut off again. It seems like it resets and you see a black screen with a white bar on it then it resets a time or two again. The fan runs almost constantly.

Last edited:
Okay, so I called them and hopefully this thing works out as advertised. My big issue I had is I purchased my 722 from Dishstore.net I can't remember how much I payed for it but it was a lot. I'm thinking in the $4-500 range. I had problems when I first got it where they tried to say it was leased and I didn't own it. Claude took care of that for me and all was fine. A few months later I had that one die and they replaced it under warranty. The second one they had listed on my account as I owned it too. That one is the one that died now. When I called the first CSR told me that even though I owned my receiver since they were replacing it they would be replacing it with a leased one. I told him I was not doing that and if that's what they had to just to cancel my service as I'm sure Direct TV would love me as a customer. I honestly was planning to cancel it so I wasn't just saying that if he couldn't replace it with another owned one. He connected me to someone else who put me on hold so he could check on it. He said since I own the current one the replacement would also be owned and that it would be replaced free of charge since I had the service plan which was basically a warranty. He said I could either throw away the old receiver or turn it in for a $10 credit at a retailer. He assured me again this new receiver would also be owned by me not leased. I asked for his name and ID number. So I'm hoping that when I get this thing that it really is put in the system as owned by me.

As for my old 722 are they really not going to want it back? If not does a broken one have any more value than $10 if I sell it on eBay? Or are they pretty worthless broken?

Okay, so I called them and hopefully this thing works out as advertised. My big issue I had is I purchased my 722 from Dishstore.net I can't remember how much I payed for it but it was a lot. I'm thinking in the $4-500 range. I had problems when I first got it where they tried to say it was leased and I didn't own it. Claude took care of that for me and all was fine. A few months later I had that one die and they replaced it under warranty. The second one they had listed on my account as I owned it too. That one is the one that died now. When I called the first CSR told me that even though I owned my receiver since they were replacing it they would be replacing it with a leased one. I told him I was not doing that and if that's what they had to just to cancel my service as I'm sure Direct TV would love me as a customer. I honestly was planning to cancel it so I wasn't just saying that if he couldn't replace it with another owned one. He connected me to someone else who put me on hold so he could check on it. He said since I own the current one the replacement would also be owned and that it would be replaced free of charge since I had the service plan which was basically a warranty. He said I could either throw away the old receiver or turn it in for a $10 credit at a retailer. He assured me again this new receiver would also be owned by me not leased. I asked for his name and ID number. So I'm hoping that when I get this thing that it really is put in the system as owned by me.

As for my old 722 are they really not going to want it back? If not does a broken one have any more value than $10 if I sell it on eBay? Or are they pretty worthless broken?

Clueless CSR:(

Bet they want it back,

That's what I'm thinking to. Is there anyway to assure that this new one I get is owned by me not leased?

So after finding out some of the other stuff that CSR told me wasn't true is this receiver going to really be owned by me? It's a replacement for my owned 722 because I have the $6 a month Dish service plan. Or are they going to tell me it's leased? If it's leased I'm just going to go ahead and go to Direct. I can't quite decide if I want to do that anyway or not. I've been decently happy with Dish but every time anything like this happens it's just way more of a headache than it should be. I wonder how many people they cheat out of owned property like this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts