Did not qualify for Dish 'n It Up...so....will this work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davec53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I want to upgrade from my 522 to a 622 and an HD package (i've decided to stick with Dish for now, based on our previous discussions :) ), but when I contacted customer service, both through a phone call and an email, I was told that my account currently doesn't qualify for their promotion, for one reason or another.

so here's what i was thinking, but i am wondering if it would work.

currently, the service is in my name at this location. so, i thought i might just call and tell them to cancel my service...say i'm moving to DirectTv...whatever.

then, sign BACK up for service here, either under my fiance's name, OR, under my home business name. what i DON'T know is how thorough they are about checking a new address against a previous address...wondering if it will throw a flag that this address was recently in their system.

has anyone ever tried anything like this in order to qualify for the "new customer" promotions?

i'm dying to get HD, and i'm just afraid to purchase the 622, because i've had to send back 2 522's already that i've leased, and the one i have now is acting flaky, too.

thoughts? suggestions?

thanks!

nah, my commitment was up, so i was clear to leave...

BUT...

i tried the CEO email and got a phone call within about an hour...they are gonna do it! she set up an install date of a week from this tuesday!

so, it is $199 and then a rebate of $10/month for the next 10 months on my bill.

i'm so excited to finally see HD on my TV...now i gotta find out if an HDMI cable comes with the 622. :D

thanks so much, guys...this really is THE place for all things satellite related.

awesome.

I am surprised at that is your committment was up, why you couldn't upgrade. Sounds more like csr's messed up. Glad you are getting it done.

i had a few late payments last year, so when i first tried to do the lease back when the 622 first came out, they said i didn't qualify, due to that, but said to call back in a couple of months if i made regular payments.

so, i set up auto pay, and have been on time ever since, but still they wouldn't qualify me, for some reason.

but now, i can hardly contain myself...the bill is gonna be a little bit higher, with the HD pack, but it should be worth it....can't wait to see what this big Sony can really do!!

Sounds great! I have the 60 inch SXRD and love it! Which one did you get?
An HDMI cable or Component cables probably will not come with the 622. They didn't with mine, or the installer took them.

Last edited:
interesting...i was almost sure it came with HDMI...i do have component and optical audio, so that would be ok...i've actually heard some folks say they prefer this arrangement OVER hdmi, but i'll probably try and pick one up anyways. :)

Dish doesn't send component or HDMI cables with their HD receivers. Also, there have been many reports of problems with Dish receivers & HDMI. I have a 622 w/ component & it works well.

i've got the Sony KDFE50A10 50" LCD TV.

so far, i've been watching SD tv signals and DVD's on a player that is about 8 years old and is NOT progressive scan. i've had the tv for almost 1 year exactly, and this will be the first time i've seen it really do what it can do, outside of the showroom.

i've already tweaked and adjusted to get the best SD and DVD picture I could, and i'm happy with those results, but this should really rock.

i plan to update the DVD player to the $199 Oppo Digital player as soon as i can. i'm not quite ready to jump in to the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray battle just yet, and from what i've heard, the Oppo looks fantastic.

i asked the person on the phone today, and she said they would hook me up with the CBS HD feed to go along with my locals, so that is nice...would love to have NBC, as well, but this will be fine for now.

did i mention i'm excited?

Dish doesn't send component or HDMI cables with their HD receivers. Also, there have been many reports of problems with Dish receivers & HDMI. I have a 622 w/ component & it works well.

Component video, stereo audio and RF cables all came with my ViP 211. I went out and bought the HDMI cable and it works great for me. I actually have it hooked up using component video with stereo audio and HDMI for camparison reasons. Everyone here says the HDMI looks the best and so do I. The picture seems brighter and sharper on my Toshiba 57H84. (Input 4 is the component video and 6 is the HDMI. I always watch input 6).

Anyone out there who did not get the component video cables, etc. as per above should complain to Dish as you have now heard it is coming with at least some new receivers. Where did you hear this? Right here folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)