Did Shaw 505's get a software update?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Weird thing this morning. Got up and the SC505 shows 2:10 as the time (it was after 7:00)

so I unplugged the receiver for 10 minutes and plugged back in. Went through its cycle but the clock didnt show 19:00 then what time it was. It showed 0099, then 0199, 0299 etc

turned on the TV and it looked like a software upgrade was happening. It said "hit exit on RCU to exit"...so I did and then it rebooted like it normally would

I'm going to try tonight to duplicate it but do you think it was a software upgrade?

weird it didnt do it. Just booted up like normal

but it shows software 00F6 and the below line says recommended software or something like it (not near receiver) and it says 00F8

They are slowly sending out F8 software which changes your logos from "Star Choice" to "Shaw Direct" and it is also suppose to have some other base program changes (that cannot be seen by the end user) for newer features which are to come "soon". :) Only one of my two 530's has F8 and like youir 505 my 505 does not have F8 yet either.

Nope no noticable chnages except for the new logo!!! lol

My 505 and 530 receivers have always looked locked up after firmware updates. No worries, just the great way the programmers have their firmware upgrades done. :tux:

well it downloaded last night as the 5 bars on the side were lit up and when I turned on the reciever it says F08 as software now

and other than "shaw direct" in the guide and the little lable on some channels like the promo channels and the HD channels nothing changed
(the little icon on some channels use to be just a white box. They have put something in there now)

Yep, no visable biggie with F8. My 505 is F8 now too. Shaw Direct employess are suppose to be testing a new firmware upgrade right now. Maybe in a few months we will have something new if this is true and the testing goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts