Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Tonight I did some optimizations of our server. From my stats I am seeing a nice improvement in the operation of the system and delivering of pages.

Please let me know if you see anything strange or any performance issues or reports of better perfomance. :)

Have fun and welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys.US!

How is the speed now? I just made another major change :)

From here it seems like it make a nice improvement in the speed of the site. :D

Loading very slow for me tonight. I checked some other internet sites to make sure it wasn't my cable connection, but every other one loads normally.

Edit: Nevermind, whatever the slowdown was is gone now.

The new board layout and features are one pain in the arse to get used too but I can adjust to them. Also I like the new features of the site so don't go back. I like how it tells me I have an unread post and how many unread posts from a thread I posted in. Very nice and easy to read features. I noticed that many boards including AVS have been getting these nifty new features. Also load time is indeed even faster now with the board update. This new interface will take about a day to get used to but it will be well worth it.

Thanks to you who have given feedback so far. :)

I am still looking for more.

Last night as a test I got us a 3rd server whos job is to do nothing more then serve the graphics. Now 80% of the graphics displayed here are coming off the new server.

When I made the changes last night I cleared my cache and tried it and was amazed with the speed (pages appeared instantly for me!)

From what I can see our Apache server is working a whole lot less harder as it is not busy serving all the graphics.

In addition I changed from vbulletins built in "gzip" routine to Apaches mod_gzip which is supposed to be much faster then vbulletins attempt at gzip.

I also did some modifications to out PHP optimizer which caches the php scripts so they load faster for you.

From where I sit I am VERY happy with the difference, but I want to make sure it is not just me. :)

Site is noticably faster, without question...It wasn't slow before but it's gone from a slight hiccup to instant...

One thing I do have to mention, although not quite new, is the main page of the forum. Ever since I became a sponsor, the logos haven't been next to each other, they're stacking on top of each other. Considering there's 5 of them, it's a little annoying. Could be a site change that happened to take place around that time (last day before changes), could be sponsor-changes, not sure.

Using firefox which needs the latest update, I'll try that but wanted to bring it up while I download/install that. Firefox is actually getting worse IMO...

Oh, and if you notice, the "attached thumbnails" text is white, against the light gray background, it's impossible to see...

Attachments

• satguys.gif
    satguys.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 120
Hmm never seen that one before. What browser are you using? Also what resolution are you using?

Any HTML expert out there who can figure that one out. :)

It is noticably faster for me too.

If you are using Firefox hold CTRL and F5 to get a refresh.

I've seen the verticle stack too in FireFox. When I actually go into a forum it lays down like they're supposed to.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Strange its the same exact code. (Its the header template) :)
I know I've seen it before but I can't make it do it now. I'll make a note of what make it do it if I see it again.

I use Firefox and it displays properly for me....

I had maybe one day of it doing what it did to yall, but that was right after adding the new sponsor.

It does only happen on the main forum page, and only when I first come here. I just went back and it's fine. It's just a wacky error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade Cheaters list

Server Warning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts