Did the new channels launch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

basshive

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Waterford, WI
I apologize for asking a question I could normally answer on my own but I am on the road and have no access/means of looking right now.

Did our new channels launch? If so can anyone confirm what we have with the exclusion of RSNs since though would vary?

I would appreciate it! :)

1 "old" channel now in HD.

1 "recently added" channel with lots of commercials and OLD content, now in HD

2 premium channels

9 part-time sports channels, some HD content, with lots of commercials

18 NEW PPV channels

At least nobody can say that its not obvious where D* has their priorities.
It is speculated in many places that the new HD PPV channels are simply place holders until the other new channels roll out, possible later this month. Maybe next month. If you have the space, why not use it on something thats going to bring you a profit, rather than just letting it sit there unused? Seems like a smart move to me

SO 4 channels will go on my custom favorites list and 27 get blocked. Wow, the excitement is overwhelming. When is D* going to stop with the PPV channels? When they have one for every movie in existence?

well, at least, sun sports is now 24/7 hd. too bad the marlins-rays games are on fsn florida which remains part-time because of some technical difficulties.

okay, a few marlin games are on sun but then so is breakfast with the gators!

OK, here's my guess on why all the PPV's being added, NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan. Look what they do now, when one of the sports packages or RSN's needs a HD channel they shut down a PPV and put that particular sports program on. So what's starting in a few weeks, the NFL season. Looking at the September schedule I see a max of 14 HD games being shown. Then add in NASCAR Hot Pass channels also being needed on Sundays along with the end of the MLB season and the start of the NBA and it looks like to me that this is why we have all the PPVs being added.

. When is D* going to stop with the PPV channels? When they have one for every movie in existence?
According to many sources, they are simply placeholders for a little while.
Why not light them up and have some extra money coming in while you get everything worked out?
Seems like a good idea

I think I will give panet green a try....now thats its in HD, see if there is anything somewhat intresting.

So I checked out the new RSN's this morning, to see what kind of HD sports shows I could find from around the country........ What I found was infomercials in 720p......horary!

Yeah, let's add a bunch of worthless PPV channels so we can over inflate our channel count while a bunch of worthwhile channels are just sitting there. And the spin masters say wait, more will be coming later. If Travel Channel and others couldn't be added today what makes me think that they will be added anytime soon. D* has known this additional capacity would be available around this time for months but yet they didn't have enough time to get all the necessary contracts signed? I don't believe that. :mad:

well, at least, sun sports is now 24/7 hd. too bad the marlins-rays games are on fsn florida which remains part-time because of some technical difficulties.

okay, a few marlin games are on sun but then so is breakfast with the gators!

And it has got to be an improvement on the picture! Breakfast with the gators PQ has sucked!

Yet again...another half ass HD channel. Thanks a bunch for ABC Family. What a freaking joke.

Status
Please reply by conversation.