Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
WOW,

on the phone with a CSR again. Apparently the lady that told me she would send out the Roku and apply the credit did not do anything. The person helping me now is taking care of it......hopefully.

side note: PROPS to Matt for helping me with a totally separate issue!

So I called today after contacting chat last night with no luck, this time after a 10-15 minute conversation with loyalty they agreed to send me a free roku and there would be no contract extension or commitment, they said it would be shipped via 2 day fedex, lost WE and AMC on the welcome pack with no locals. The guy I talked to had have his supervisor set it up or approve it or something.

That's a Interesting twist, they will reimburse you for each episode you watch???

That was the claim. I asked them to walk me through the process to get the credit to confirm, and both the original CSR, and the Loyalty CSR told me the same thing. Just call them after I buy an episode and they will give me a credit.

Well, I officially am in the LIED TO column.

After the fiasco yesterday, I heard nothing, so I called back today..

to recap.

call #1, good rep, said wasn't a problem, got the order ready, wouldn't go thru. Told me that he would talk to supervisor, maybe having issues call back later.
call #2, rude rep, said 'you don't qualify, you get nothing', asked for a supervisor, 20 minute wait, she started to talk, got hung up on.
call #3, stellar rep, said "yes it shows on the notes a supervisor approved", but it's being stubborn, was passing it to a supervisor and would handle, call back tomorrow to check on it...

now, today...

call #4, jackass rep, you don't qualify, you get nothing. Said it had been approved by two supervisors. "you get nothing" asked for a supervisor, 10 minute wait, hung up on
call #5, get rep, ask for a supervisor immediately, get a guy on the phone, attitude right away. "you don't qualify, you get nothing". I said it had been approved by two supervisors. "you don't qualify, you get nothing". I say it was in the notes "a lot of notes, they say you hung up on people and supervisors said you don't qualify, provide the Operator ID of the supervisors" (that I never spoke to). So, even tho I get the email that says call, and two supervisors approve it, you're denying it? "you don't qualify, you get nothing". I ask to speak to his supervisor. "I won't do that, you don't qualify, you get nothing". And he hangs up.

I am NOT happy.

Just got off the phone with the Loyality Dept. The CSR argued with me that the Welcome Pack never had AMC. She said only way for me to get a Roku was to upgrade to a higher package. Been with Dish over 15 years. Less than pleased.

Somewhere in these pages is the number for executive resolutions team. You need to try again, hopefully meantime someone will post the #.

As good as Dish is being to some of us they sure are giving others a hard time.

Things that might help

Good account standing
No current credits on your bill
Call this number (1-888-581-1972) Best way to get taken care of.
Be sure to ask for loyalty dept.
Tell them you are a member at satelliteguys.us and you know all about the free roku players as well as the $10/12mo credits
Be sure to mention all of the shows you and your family will be missing.

For us it's Breaking Bad,The Walking Dead,Hell on Wheels,wifes shows,Kendra on top,bridezillas.

So thats 5 shows total if you have to buy the entire season of them each thats a lot of dough.

Rick P said:
Well, I officially am in the LIED TO column.

After the fiasco yesterday, I heard nothing, so I called back today..

to recap.

call #1, good rep, said wasn't a problem, got the order ready, wouldn't go thru. Told me that he would talk to supervisor, maybe having issues call back later.
call #2, rude rep, said 'you don't qualify, you get nothing', asked for a supervisor, 20 minute wait, she started to talk, got hung up on.
call #3, stellar rep, said "yes it shows on the notes a supervisor approved", but it's being stubborn, was passing it to a supervisor and would handle, call back tomorrow to check on it...

now, today...

call #4, jackass rep, you don't qualify, you get nothing. Said it had been approved by two supervisors. "you get nothing" asked for a supervisor, 10 minute wait, hung up on
call #5, get rep, ask for a supervisor immediately, get a guy on the phone, attitude right away. "you don't qualify, you get nothing". I said it had been approved by two supervisors. "you don't qualify, you get nothing". I say it was in the notes "a lot of notes, they say you hung up on people and supervisors said you don't qualify, provide the Operator ID of the supervisors" (that I never spoke to). So, even tho I get the email that says call, and two supervisors approve it, you're denying it? "you don't qualify, you get nothing". I ask to speak to his supervisor. "I won't do that, you don't qualify, you get nothing". And he hangs up.

I am NOT happy.

That's when I'd probably remind them that they aren't the only game in town and send them their walking papers.

"Only" took me 1.5 hrs in chat yesterday...

chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Hi, my name is Joven (ID: NEP). How may I help you?
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Hello <xxx>. How are you today?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: What happened to my AMC/We/IFC channels, I can't find them...
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): The channels AMC Networks forces us to deliver -- WE, IFC and AMC -- do not give our customers the best content at the best value. We have permanently removed them from the DISH line up as of June 30.

chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: So, my bill will be lowered as a result of losing these channels ?
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): We are open to a creative proposal from AMC Networks that would resolve this situation, but at this point it looks like the channels will be down permanently.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I also noticed Sundance gone a few weeks ago?
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Yes.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I loved those channels...
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Among DISH viewers, movies on AMC are substantially more popular than its few original series. But customers have better choices than AMC as DISH offers Blockbuster @Home, dozens of movie channels from partners like HBO, Showtime, Starz, EPIX, HD Net, MGM HD, IndiePlex, RetroPlex, PixL and the latest new releases on DISH Cinema.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: when are they coming back on ?
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): I do apologize.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I pay for top 250 channels and have been a dish customer since 2001
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Let me see what I can do.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: i am not in contract and wish to speak to the loyalty dept to see why i should stay with dish
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Okay.
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): One moment please.
chat_agent.png
Joven (ID: NEP): Thank you for using Dish chat.
Have a nice weekdays!
chat_alert.png
Joven (ID: NEP) has disconnected.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Hi, my name is Tracey (ID:H8P). How may I help you?
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Thank you for contacting the customer Loyalty Department at DISH, <xxx>. Please give me a few moments to review the previous chat. If you need to reference this chat my name is Tracey and my operator ID is H8P. I am looking forward to helping you today.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: hey
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): I am still trying to review the session and account information so I can help you more effectively. Please give me a moment.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): I understand your concern with the removal of AMC.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): DISH is committed to fighting on your behalf to provide you with the best programming and the lowest possible price. The channels AMC Networks forces us to deliver -- WE, IFC and AMC -- do not give our customers the best content at the best value. We have permanently removed them from the DISH line up as of June 30. We are open to a creative proposal from AMC Networks that would resolve this situation, but at this point it looks like the channels will be down permanently.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I already read the canned response from the previous person over an hour ago
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Okay.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: Is my bill going down after losing 4 channels ?
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): I am only giving you the information I am required to.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I understand
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): To show our appreciation for your being a loyal customer I can give you a savings of $120 off your bill for the next 12 months which is $10 off each month. This is the best discount option available and is offered with NO contract. How does this sound?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I helps - I understand that DISH is offering some Roku / streaming devices to help alleviate the pain of losing AMC series like Breaking Bad and Walking Dead which are available there
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: Is this correct ?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: Breaking Bad final season starts in 2 weeks!
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): While I understand you may have read online that DISH will provide Roku, we can not control nor validate what some people may be saying you can receive. The offers we have available are specific to each customer.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Great. Do you happen to have any of the following devices: Play station 3, Xbox 360, or an Apple TV.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: Is this offer available to me? A top 250 customer and loyal DISH customer since 2001 and currently out of contract ?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: no i do not have those devices
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): I understand how frustrating this loss is. Do you have wireless internet in your home?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I do
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): We have a great offer at this time for a Roku. This is a piece of equipment that connects easily to your TV and wireless (Wi-Fi) network at home, allowing you access to shows that are on AMC as well as other features.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): There are several channels (apps) that can be downloaded to view over 150,000 movies and shows, play games on TV, or listen to music through apps like Pandora. Below are some of the apps available on the Roku XD Streaming player.
- Amazon Instant Video
- Hulu Plus
- HBO Go (With HBO subscription)
- Pandora Internet Radio
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Retail price for a Roku XD is $79.99, but DISH is offering this to you free of cost as long as you have a valid credit/debit card to activate the Roku player.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Roku accounts are free and secure. And while a valid credit/debit card number is required to create your account, rest assured you will only be charged if you authorize purchases of apps and games from the Roku Channel Store.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: I understand
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Does that mean you would like me to send you a Roku?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: That would be great
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Great. One moment.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: In addition to the $10 x12 credit also ?
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): What is your shipping address?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: xxxx
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Thank you. One moment, please.
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: So, to confirm, $10 x 12 month credit and Roku ? Is this correct?
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): The $10 discount for 12 months will start on the next bill. We are shipping your equipment by UPS BLUE 2ND DAY and you should receive it in three to five business days.
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: thank-you
chat_enduser_message.png
<me>: have a good evening
chat_agent.png
Tracey (ID:H8P): It was my pleasure to assist you today, <xxx>. Please feel free to chat back any time with additional questions or concerns. Thank you for using DISH Chat, we look forward to assisting you in the future.
chat_alert.png
Tracey (ID:H8P) has disconnected.

Well didn't get any email from Dish about a free Roku. Did get an email for 2 free PPV certs. Must be that I am not a loyal/valued customer I guess. But its like I told the last Dish CSR(by phone), if your satellites fell out of the sky tomorrow I have enough DVD's I could watch TV 24 hours a day for a year and never duplicate a movie/show episode.

Well didn't get any email from Dish about a free Roku. Did get an email for 2 free PPV certs. Must be that I am not a loyal/valued customer I guess. But its like I told the last Dish CSR(by phone), if your satellites fell out of the sky tomorrow I have enough DVD's I could watch TV 24 hours a day for a year and never duplicate a movie/show episode.

sound like my wife and her dvd collection

I wonder if I am the only one who got the roku already. I am up and running and it is small enough ro move to any room I feel like using it in. I hope everyone else get's their's soon.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

navychop said:
And which particular model was it?

These threads get lengthy,i posted it earlier but I will again for you buddy. :) it is a remanufactured roku 2 xd

OK, a little off topic, but not much. Does anyone know if you can "move" withthe Roku? I'd like to move out of the MSG area so I can subscribe to Center Ice and watch the Sabres.

dwarren2 said:
OK, a little off topic, but not much. Does anyone know if you can "move" withthe Roku? I'd like to move out of the MSG area so I can subscribe to Center Ice and watch the Sabres.

Has nothing to do with your dish account, so no worries. Cheers

Well, I called Loyalty twice. The first time I got

1) Free Roku and
2) $5 credit for 3 months

so I called again and received the folowing

2') $10 for 12 months, I believe instead of # 2)
3) $30 credit

Then I asked about the Hopper upgrade, I was offered 2H/2J for $100 total including installation...etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts