Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
I checked on the roku as well a couple days ago as I wanted to make sure the order was processed since last sunday it seemed like it was a busy day for dish CSR's I was informed that it did go out according to notes, CSR saw the conversation on the system we had last Sunday. Sounded like this it was through loyalty she could not access all the info. Hopefully it will be there when I am back from vacation this weekend

I'm curious if anybody else is having an issue with IR/Remote sensitivity.

Reviews I've seen point to the remote being mediocre quality. My guess is that the dish remote on Aux could probably drive it. There is an IPTV forum here, and Roku has forums as well if looking for actual users of these things to see what's up.

The Roku 2 XD is supposed to have blue tooth internally but ship with an IR remote. You can buy a replacement remote for the XS which is wireless (no IR) and it should work on the XD.

And Roku has an app for iOS and Android to remotely control your Roku which you might find more useful.

Does the $10/12 month credit show up somewhere in your online account? I was offered this over the weekend but had a tech visit scheduled, so nothing on my account could change. Now the visit is over and I can't tell where to look to see if the credit is applied. Does it just show up on your next bill? Or is there a listing somewhere of offers you've accepted?

piranesi said:
Does the $10/12 month credit show up somewhere in your online account? I was offered this over the weekend but had a tech visit scheduled, so nothing on my account could change. Now the visit is over and I can't tell where to look to see if the credit is applied. Does it just show up on your next bill? Or is there a listing somewhere of offers you've accepted?

The credit should, the credit I am receiving posted on my account right after, roku though I have been told it was ordered but I have been unable to confirm anything other then told its on there system

For those getting the Roku, PC World had an article about how to stream from your pc to the Roku this month using a free program called Plex
How to Use Plex to Get Media From PC to Roku Box | PCWorld.
The only place I saw it was my 'Balance Due' which is now -$15. I did not see it anywhere else on my account/billing. I noticed it the very next day so I assume the $15 credit would appear around the same time every month for the year unless it comes back the next time as of the next billing period. Just check your bill balance.
Jay

No roku today :( just checked the mail.Called in on Sun.Was hoping it would be here today but,hopefully tomorrow!Worse than a kid waiting for Christmas.:D

Reviews I've seen point to the remote being mediocre quality. My guess is that the dish remote on Aux could probably drive it. There is an IPTV forum here, and Roku has forums as well if looking for actual users of these things to see what's up.

The Roku 2 XD is supposed to have blue tooth internally but ship with an IR remote. You can buy a replacement remote for the XS which is wireless (no IR) and it should work on the XD.

And Roku has an app for iOS and Android to remotely control your Roku which you might find more useful.
Thanks for the tips. I'll use my Harmony, and see if that helps. That's what I did with my earlier Rokus, and it worked fine. But, if the problem is in the Roku, itself, that would really suck.

The Roku 2 remote really bites compared to the previous two gen's remotes. (Roku 2 is actually their 3rd gen product.) It's like some cheap knock-off. Hard to believe they crapped it down like that.

I received a card in the mail yesterday that said I could get my favorite AMC programs from a PS3, XBOX360 or ROKU player. So I thought I'd call them today and just ask. I went directly to the loyalty dept. through the automated menu and told the lady that I got something in the mail stating I could receive my programs with ROKU player. She asked if I had a PS3 or XBOX360 and I said no. She told me that she could get me one shipped out and would also send me an HDMI cable. I never once complained or threatened to leave Dish, just asked about receiving it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the standing of our accounts with Dish. I'm still under contract but I subscribe to about every program and have the Hopper system.

The lady I talked to was very nice and helpful. I thought it was great customer service. I honestly do not watch AMC that much other than Breaking Bad but I thought I'd see if they'd give me one since they sent me the offer in the mail.

I advise you that I think you have to call in for the offer and not do it online. I tried online and the lady told me to call. Also must be the loyalty deptpartment.

Great stuff i listened to the suits and I actually cut my dish bill down $30 by eliminating Starz!, Max, a couple CW channels, All American Direct channels, and 2 discs from my BB@Home. As for Breaking Bad i'm not in a rush to watch it even though it's one of my favorite shows, because 1) Only half the season is being aired this summer, then the other half next 2) it's already been cancelled and this is the final season 3) I'll just pick up the series set after the whole TV series has aired. However, the Walking Dead i'm all over that..

gotta wonder as some people posted they were told there would be a week delay in shipping.

it would be nice to get some type of confirmation. blind faith stinks.

VegasVoomer said:
Those who got the Roku, did it come by Fedex, USPS or UPS?

Mine was overnight fedex, butt the guy told me that is how he was sending mine. I don't think they are all that way.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)