Votes: 69 61.1%
  • Bought

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Still thinking about purchasing

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Show me the results

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
Well, it was only $99 to lease. It would take years of "lease payments" to catch up to the "purchase cost" of one. By then I'd likely upgrade to something better.

I bought mine. Actually I "won" something else and "traded" for it but I own it regardless.

I wanted the option of not being obligated for any particular time or to any particular minimum package, so I could downgrade just in case I didn't like how DishHD looked on my TV. (fat chance of that!)

I actually own 4 VIP 622's however I do lease one.

Im really not a fan of leasing equipment, but there was an oppertunity back in may when Echostar dropped the wholesale price on the 622 for a week and paid the higher old re-imbursement price to dealers. When I figured in my sales commission doing the Upgrade myself as a dealer, it didn't cost me anything to lease the receiver.

Other than that, I just can't see spending $199 to lease something that if I ever cancel I loose my $199 initial investment.

Besides that, the value in the 622 MPEG4 DVR's are holding out very well on ebay, so even if you bought it at $499, didn't like it and sold it on ebay you would still be better off than leasing it for $199.

Did I mention Dishstore offers free shipping on VIP 622 DVR's :)

I went with a lease and the retailer didn't charge me anything upfront but a $57 fee. Nothing additional ever showed up on my bill and I sold my old HD DirecTivo on eBay. It worked out really well for me.

Bought mine by trading in my old 942 receivers to dishdepot along with a friends old dish receivers they no longer wanted. I was one of the first ones on the waiting list and they were selling them for only 649.00 instead of 699.00 . With trade ins I only paid about $800.00. OF course now they sell them for $499.00 .

Love them and I only hope they still work like they always have in regards to this Tivo injunction mess. IF they don't then I will be leaving Dish after 10 years and going with "CHoke" Cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts