Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am taking a little survery of the folks who called the special SatelliteGuys Dish 622 Upgrade number we posted last week (that number special number is 1-888-825-2569 if you have not upgraded yet)

I understand that in talking to Dish Network that a large number of members called (in fact more then they expected which caused some issues)

I thought that this special number was an excellent gesture on the part of Dish Network to our members.

I want to see how things went so I am taking a survey for those of you who actually called. Please only answer if you called the special 1-888-825-2569 number to upgrade to a 622 from a 921/942.

I ASK THAT THIS SURVEY NOT BE TURNED INTO A DISCUSSION (At least not in this thread)

So here we go

1) When did you call?

2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)

3) How many 921's / 622's did you trade up or want to trade up?

4) We you able to upgrade? If not why?

5) What other issues came up that should be mentioned

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here

7) Would you like to see Dish Network offer special toll free numbers for forum members for other promoitions in the future?

8) If you could change one thing about your call to upgrade what would it be.

Thanks guys! And remember please be open and honest with your replys, together we can work and help Dish Network improve their procedures for all.

1) Called around 8:15am EST on 4/1/06
2) 8 (wish reading disclaimers didn't take that long ;))
3) Ordered one vip622 to replace my leased 942.
4) Yes. Upgraded.
5) On-hold time: 7-8 minutes.
6) n/a
7) Sure. Special numbers save a lot of time on both ends. The caller and the CSR both know exactly what the call is about.
8) I wish Dish Network allowed self-install for this simple upgrade.

In response to your poll:
1. called at 9:00am pdt
2. rate 8
3. 921 for 622
4. yes upgraded 921 to 622
5. upgrade to platinum hd w/locals
6. asked to upgrade 6000 for 211 , csr spoke with executive resolution team and they said only one upgrade allowed.
7. yes special # worked great only on hold one minute till csr came on line.
8. nothing, csr stacy was great and knowledgeable.

1. Called @1:00pm PDT on 4/4
2. 8 - too many disclaimers
3. 924 for 622
4. yes
5. Hasn't been asked to upgrade programming?
6. n/a
7. Yes. Was on hold just couple of minutes and got a knowledgeable csr
8. I'd like to have an online upgrade option

1) When did you call?

I called about 10:30 AM EST April 1st. I got right through. No wait at all.
2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)

I would rate it as a 9. Mine was the first call the CSR had so he did fiddle with his screens which was no problem for me. He was friendly and knowlegable enough.

Don't think you can trade a 622 for another 622. I traded one 942.
yes. No problem

The price of the new package and how it was calculated was no clear. It showed my bill going up $15 from $69 to $84 for Silver pkg and locals.

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here

Does not apply
7) Would you like to see Dish Network offer special toll free numbers for forum members for other promoitions in the future?

Definetly...It would eliminate the complaints of forein CSR or not knowing what was being offered by the Company.

More clear on the list of charges of your new bill. Still don't understand how it added up to be $15 more than before. Expected some increase but not that much.

1. Called 04/01/06
2. 9
3. 921 for 622
4. Yes
5. As a annual payer on 921, was not able to pay annualy with leased receiver
6. NA
7. Yes, only waited about 3 min
8. Dish is requiring me to have super dish. Don't need with 61.5.
CSR was very polite and knowledgable

1) Sunday 04/02 - mid afternoon
2) 9
3) one 942 for a 622
4) Was upgraded AOK
5) No issues - CSR was more than helpful
6) Only 1 upgrade for me
7) Yes - was fast & easy
8) Took a little long because the CSR went over EVERYTHING - was undoubtably the most well informed CSR (Dish or otherwise that I've ever dealt with).

1. Wednesday 4/5/06 - 8:20 PM
2. 9
3. One 942 for a 622
4. Upgrade was very smooth and easy.
5. CSR was very helpful. However, he thought that I needed a Dish 1000 but I told him I live in South Florida and a Dish 1000 would not work. Also, I could not add a 211 to my account. I would have to buy a 211 from a retailer according to the CSR.
6. N/A
7. Yes
8. I had to wait for about 5 minutes on hold.

1) 1:30 PM EST 4/01/06
3)upgraded to VIP 622 from leased 942 Also upgraded to Platinum HD.
4)YES
5)Not sure where HD Locals for Indianapolis will be placed. Told CSR that I would like to have second 61.5 dish removed if possible when installing Dish 1000. She could not answer this question.
6)NONE
7)YES (CSR first thing said "I guess you know all about the up-grade?") Good business for DISH and great service for their customers! I even told her to charge the $299 now if it would help, instead of the $1.00 hold. She did and it is on my card. Surprised that Sunday was an available day for install. Set-up for April 23rd, another surprise
8)NOTHING

THANKS DISH & SatelliteGuys

UPDATE:Today April 7th, UPS delivered a New VIP 622!!!! Must be no shortage now with delivery in just 6 days including Sunday. Have not received the empty box to return the 942 yet! Again great service

Last edited:
1) When did you call?
4-1-06 4:59A pst
Traded 1 921, tried 811 for 211, no go
4) Were you able to upgrade? If not why?
yes
25 minute wait for human in Pittsburgh
n/a
Sure
Better trained CSR, took a half hour after call answered.

1) When did you call?

1pm EST, Saturday

One (leased 942)

Yes.

N/A

N/A

I guess.

I would like to be able to choose a specific local provider for installation.

CDH.

1) When did you call?
04/05/06 19:30

10+

921>622 AND 942>622

BOTH - NO PROBLEM

Damn State of Cali "leased receiver tax" @ $0.50 per

No issue

if it goes like this...YES

Nothing

Thanks Scott - this ruled!!!

and check out my "Upgrade HD with already installed Dish1000 BONUS"

1) When did you call?
4/1, 7am PST, about 5 minutes on hold

1 - 921

yes

to get the Dish1000 installed, they had to turn off access to my WCBS-HD out of NY on 61.5 because their system thought I had everything needed for the upgrade (61.5, 110, 119). They said the Local HD channels for LA (on 129) weren't part of the upgrade and hence couldn't give me the Dish1000 unless I turned off 61.5 until the install is complete. Not happy what so ever about this, as I have to rely on my Comcast, single tuner DVR (yuck!) for three weeks.

N/A

Sure, worked well.

The call went fine, but yes, the disclaimers were a tad annoying.

1) When did you call?
Saturday morning 7am central.

2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10

1.... that's all I have

Yes

none

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921
Not applicable to me.

Absolutely! I ordered Sat. 4/1, received it today 4/5 and have it authorized already. Can't beat that.

Nothing as it went fine.

1) When did you call?
4/3 around noon CDT and 4/5 to change install date

2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) 8

Wanted to trade in 2 921s. Was allowed only 1.

yes

CSR suggested I call a local retailer to get the 2nd unit. They might have separate deal.

I Told 2nd CSR when I was changing the install date that others on this Forum were getting 2 units. He said they would probably be sent only 1 when the work order was filled. Has anyone really had 2 installed???

Yes

Less restrictions .

When did you call?

4.6.06 - 10:30 EDT

10+

1 942 receiver

Yes

None the call was excellent. The CSR was very knowlegable.

Definately, the call was smooth and easy.

I wish I did not have to wait until April 29th for installation :)

I called twice, so I'll deal with each call separately:

1. 7:50 am ET
  2. 4
  3. 1
  4. No. CSR stated that their upgrade software wouldn't let them schedule the install because I already had 4 orbital locations.
  5. CSR and Supervisor's only solution to the problem was to say "call back in 5 hours". Sounded like they just wanted to give the problem to someone else as much as hoped the software issue would be solved by then.
  6. NA
  7. Yes
  8. Test all upgrade scenarios before releasing the upgrade software.

1. 1:45 ET
  2. 9
  3. 1
  4. Yes
  5. CSR and supervisor dealt with same issue as above, but supervisor actually took the time (10 minutes) to manually get past the issue by adding the promotion codes to my account. CSR actually read the notes from the first call immediately and thus I didn't have to re-explain everything like is normal for a Dish CSR call.
  6. NA
  7. Yes
  8. NA

1) When did you call?

today

no. Haven't decided yet.

Only one receiver upgrade. I need to upgrade my 6000u as well.

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more then one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here.

I need to upgrade my 6000u otherwise it will cost me over $300

Yes please. It does help that the Customer Representative knows why I was calling and she was able to give me all the upgrade that are available in a knowleagble matter.

Give me an upgrade to a 6000u and 942 and I will immediately lease.

Thanks guys! And remember please be open and honest with your replys, together we can work and help Dish Network improve their procedures for all.

1) When did you call? 4/1, 2:00 p.m. central. On hold for less than a minute.
2) How would you rate your call on a scale from 1-10? 4
3) How many 921's / 622's did you trade up or want to trade up? 1-921
4) Were you able to upgrade? Yes
5) What other issues came up that should be mentioned?

CSR (Cindy) first tried to talk me out of upgrading, asking me if I was aware that the "622 has only one HD tuner." We debated this for awhile, and I referred her to this site and the "other" site, where many actual users have verified being able to record and/or watch 3 live HD streams at one time.

I then asked her about whether I could upgrade any other receiver to either a 622 or 211 at the same time (I have a 6000 and a 311). She said no, and her argument was that there are no other upgrade offers out there right now. I asked her about the $99 upgrade from any receiver to 211 and the $49 upgrade from either the 811 or 6000 to the 211. She acted like she had never heard of either one. She also said that if I wanted to lease another HD receiver, I would have to wait 12 months. I asked if I could speak to a supervisor, and she said that "they have the same information, and they'll tell you the same thing."

Cindy seemed very unsure about the fees that would be charged to my account, so she wasn't able to absolutely confirm what my monthly payment would be.

6) If you wanted to upgrade from more than one 942/921 but were unable to please post any issue you might have had here. N/A
7) Would you like to see Dish Network offer special too free numbers for forum members for other promotions in the future? Sure.
8) If you could change one thing about your call to upgrade what would it be? Different CSR. She tried to be helpful, but just wasn't trained well enough. In retrospect, I should have hung up and tried again. On the plus side, I did get a good install date (4/14).

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts