Didn't Charlie......???

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
Didn't Charlie promise that we would have new National HD Channels switched on by 09/01/08, or was that some alternate universe I heard it in? Sure have not seen anything in the uplinks indicating as much.

FYI Charlie, I am about a month from dropping my Platinum Pack, HDNet is the only saving grace, however, PQ has not beet great lately and am having a hard time justifying my extra $10. How about you just give the $10 bucks to FOX so I can get some damn FX and Fox News and we call it even??

Last edited:
Scott stated several weeks ago that Dish and Fox are at least talking again. This was confirmed on the Charlie Chat Monday night.

I'm glad they're talking, but the snail's pace and misleading statements from E* is certainly disappointing. If E* did not have the space to add new channels, it would be a little more understandable.

I'm glad they're talking, but the snail's pace and misleading statements from E* is certainly disappointing. If E* did not have the space to add new channels, it would be a little more understandable.

Space issues are certainly getting harder and harder to blame. Maybe with all the extra room he is wasting by not providing any new national HD, Charlie could consider giving me my VOOM back, if nothing else, as a filler to make Platinum worth it. I wonder how many new subscriptions they have gotten to the package since the Voom drop?

Yep. I'm getting E* for the first time tomorrow, switching from Time Worthless Cable. I've got a 1000.4 EA with 722 and 612 boxes. And it seemed sooo stupid to pay $10 for 7 channels.

For my $10 I get NHL and Cycling on Versus. If it wasn't for the Tour de France, I'd drop it.

I ditched the $10 platinum, and added HBO and 1 cent Cinemax, and wonder why I didn't do it along time ago. I was holding on to it for the movie channels, but now I can watch about a dozen HD channels, and get more classic movies in HD than I did before I switched.

For my $10 I get NHL and Cycling on Versus. If it wasn't for the Tour de France, I'd drop it.

Versus is not part of the Platinum package.

For your $10, you get...HDNet Movies ...MGM ...Universal ...NBA ...NHL ...Smithsonian ...and WFN.

That's it. And NBA is a bit sketchy, since I assume there are some people who get NBA-HD WITHOUT platinum. (I don't know if that's true, but it SHOULD be.)

I really need to drop these. It is such a waste. I kept them for HDNET movies mostly, but I also have the Cinemax for 1 cent, so haven't actually watched anything on HDNET movies for ages. They really need to give me a reason to continue the $10 a month.

If I looked back on the last month, we probably watched zero hours of programming on these channels.

Versus is not part of the Platinum package.

For your $10, you get...HDNet Movies ...MGM ...Universal ...NBA ...NHL ...Smithsonian ...and WFN.

That's it. And NBA is a bit sketchy, since I assume there are some people who get NBA-HD WITHOUT platinum. (I don't know if that's true, but it SHOULD be.)
I am getting E* on monday. TurboBronze I opted out of my contract so I am not getting the platinum promo I wonder if I will get NBA for free.

Didn't Charlie promise that we would have new National HD Channels switched on by 09/01/08, or was that some alternate universe I heard it in? Sure have not seen anything in the uplinks indicating as much.

FYI Charlie, I am about a month from dropping my Platinum Pack, HDNet is the only saving grace, however, PQ has not beet great lately and am having a hard time justifying my extra $10. How about you just give the $10 bucks to FOX so I can get some damn FX and Fox News and we call it even??

As we all know, Charlie fights on our behalf for the best deals from providers.

Aren't you insanely happy with all the money he's saving you? Isn't it worth waiting a few months for additional HD channels?