Diff 811 to 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bassnbeau

Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
What would be the advantage of getting the 921 over the 811 except for being able to record HDTV signal? I currently have an 811 and 721 and the only thing I can't do is record HD. Do I sell the 721 or 811 or both. Do I get another HDTV set. What would you do????

well I had the same dilema as you, except I also had a 501 in a sspare room. When the 921 price dropped to $549 I went ahead and purchased. DishDepot is crediting me $100 on the return of my 811 (which is $1 more than I paid for it).

So I kept the 721 and now have the 921 along side in the TV room. I am very happy with it. So far I have not had any issues with MY 921. I will maintain my 721 with all of it's original timers, just in case, but have also programmed all of the HD show timers on the 921. I'd love to also sell the 721 but the 921 just doesn't have enough storage for me all by itself.

So now it's HD on 921 and SD on the 721...with the 721 also ready to catch any overflow as needed.

In short, this setup works great for me. Now just waiting for the 921 to get OTA guide, although even this is not a showstopper since the SD network channels show up in the guide.

bassnbeau said:
What would be the advantage of getting the 921 over the 811 except for being able to record HDTV signal? I currently have an 811 and 721 and the only thing I can't do is record HD. Do I sell the 721 or 811 or both. Do I get another HDTV set. What would you do????

1) Yes.

2) You wouldn't need either if you got a 921.

3) You don't need to get an extra HDTV, unless you want one, which in case, keep your setup when you get the 921.

4)What would I do? Get the 921 and recover costs by selling the 811 and 721.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)