Digital converter box and satellite TV

Oleg24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
How do i make Digital converter box work with satellite TV programming?
Why i want to do so when satellite receiver box is already digital?
Well i do not feel like paying $5 a month for something that should be free.

it won't happen........simple as that.

if you don't want to pay lease fees, buy the box outright so you don't have to sign a contract. and which service do you want. DirecTV or Dish Network?

I have Dishnetwork and i do not have any lease fees i am paying only for locals.I have paid for one box already is there anyway to sell it?

Ah what kind box is it?
It's Digitalstream DTX9900 maybe i can get $25 refund no?

The digital box is for local OTA TV. It cannot tune satellite signals. You could connect one of these boxes and a satellite receiver yo your TV using different inputs. But they do totally different things.

The digital box is for local OTA TV. It cannot tune satellite signals. You could connect one of these boxes and a satellite receiver yo your TV using different inputs. But they do totally different things.
If i can switch inputs like AV 1 and AV 2 this would be great.

I have been wanting to be able to recieve the sub-channels for my locals via my HDTV and ViP Dish 722 HD Receiver. Same as the aformentioned, if there was some simple way to connect the digital local converter with rabbit ears and change between inputs - I have been unable to come up with anything that will perform this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank all of you in advance.

I have been wanting to be able to recieve the sub-channels for my locals via my HDTV and ViP Dish 722 HD Receiver. Same as the aformentioned, if there was some simple way to connect the digital local converter with rabbit ears and change between inputs - I have been unable to come up with anything that will perform this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank all of you in advance.

Your 722 can get the sub ch if you hook up to ant. and so will your TV if it has a ATSC tuner. why would you want a converter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)