Digital DIsh installers ohio....anybody had them?

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys just confirmed my install date, for this sat the 11th, I am pumped to get DIsh network, cant wait to see the voom, and go through the mpeg 4 conversion with dish, it should be a bright future, I am hoping...anyways digital dish just called to confirm anyone had anything done by them any installs here in ohio? let me know what you think!

TLaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 27, 2004
stuart628 said:
hey guys just confirmed my install date, for this sat the 11th, I am pumped to get DIsh network, cant wait to see the voom, and go through the mpeg 4 conversion with dish, it should be a bright future, I am hoping...anyways digital dish just called to confirm anyone had anything done by them any installs here in ohio? let me know what you think!

They just installed my DiSH system. Everything went well no problems or complaints. My installer was an indepedant contractor. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

rficken00

May 19, 2005
Tullahoma, TN
There are good install companies and bad install companies. These companies employ/contract good and bad installers. I consider myself and excellent installer but am contracted to a company that has a few poor techs. So, I know first hand it is hard to simply judge a company.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
I got ya, I guess its just pick of the draw between who comes out? well hopefully it all goes smooth, I swear I feel like a little kid I am all sorts of excited

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Where are you located (approx) ?? I'm in Dayton and Digital Dish did my install... I know the guy's name but don't know if he still works there. He also did the install for a co-worker -- neither of us had a single complaint about him.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Akron-I would tell you Suffield but I dont know that many people that know where that is. but its actually Mogadore where i Live, I am about 10 minutes if that from Kent! I have been looking some things up and it looks like I should probably call the install company and make sure they are bringing a dish pro lnbf, they said they are bringing a 811 a 625 a 20 " dish and a second dish for my 61.5 locals! anything else I should check on

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
Don't worry, DD's policy with that particular setup will default you to a DP+ Twin for the 110/119 and a DP Dual for the 61.5. Assuming all of your rooms are prewired, it shouldn't take more than a few hours to install you

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
webbydude said:
Don't worry, DD's policy with that particular setup will default you to a DP+ Twin for the 110/119 and a DP Dual for the 61.5. Assuming all of your rooms are prewired, it shouldn't take more than a few hours to install you
all rooms are prewired, I have dual line run upstairs to the master bedroom for the 625, and a line ran for the 811, I just hope he brings a diplexer so I can maybe shoot one of those rg6 from the master bedroom back down to the 811, that way when I get lazy I can just watch my stuff from the dvr downstairs too! :D :cool:

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
stuart628 said:
Akron-I would tell you Suffield but I dont know that many people that know where that is. but its actually Mogadore where i Live, I am about 10 minutes if that from Kent! I have been looking some things up and it looks like I should probably call the install company and make sure they are bringing a dish pro lnbf, they said they are bringing a 811 a 625 a 20 " dish and a second dish for my 61.5 locals! anything else I should check on

I know exactly where you are...... :D I'm in Green.

Digital Dish done an install for me, he did OK, he was a kid.

joshschuler

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 30, 2005
You shouldn't have many problems. Ohio is done by Digital Dish. webbydude is right on their policy. When I was a tech for them though, I used whatever equipment was best, regardless of their policy. (Lucky I never got a back charge even thogh they charged me for 2 DP Dual's:(
Someone will probably call to see if you're happy though. Whether they do or not, if you're not 100% satisfied, call 866-866-8626 and they'll send the same person back out to fix it. :)

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
John Corn said:
I know exactly where you are...... :D I'm in Green.

Digital Dish done an install for me, he did OK, he was a kid.

oh yes green...My parents live in green, and I graduated from green, only went there a year though as we moved my senior year, but that has been 6 years ago.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
joshschuler said:
You shouldn't have many problems. Ohio is done by Digital Dish. webbydude is right on their policy. When I was a tech for them though, I used whatever equipment was best, regardless of their policy. (Lucky I never got a back charge even thogh they charged me for 2 DP Dual's:(
Someone will probably call to see if you're happy though. Whether they do or not, if you're not 100% satisfied, call 866-866-8626 and they'll send the same person back out to fix it. :)

well I have monday off, but I am really really hoping to get up and running on sat that way on monday I can mess around with my new toys!

jwt0001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 16, 2005
Digital Dish did my install and except for a communications screwup because of an installer's problems at another job, it went perfectly (Cleveland area). I was very happy with him.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
update
just got done installing, took about an hour and a half, guy was in and out real smooth, we have the 625 diplexed so with my dual run upstairs we just took the unused Rg6 and ran it to the tv downstairs, Everything looks great, VOom is nice and sharp, so far a very very happy dish network sub!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)