Digital Home Advantage Terms and Conditions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skenney

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2004
North Syracuse, NY
I'm thinking of becoming a new Dish Network customer. I was thinking of getting (2) DISH Player-DVR 522 receivers to start and in the future maybe wanting to expand to another room beyond the original 4 feeds. Then I saw the following in the DHA T&C...

Digital Home Advantage Terms and Conditions

Equipment Configurations

No more than two dual-tuner receivers per account are permitted (including no more than one DISH Player-DVR 522 receiver), or a total of four single-tuner receivers per account (including no more than two DISH 811 receivers) if no dual-tuner receivers are chosen. A $5.00 per month equipment rental fee for the first receiver is included in your promotional programming package price. A $5.00 per month equipment rental fee will be charged for each receiver beyond the first. DISH 811 receivers require subscription to DISH Network HD Pak.

So where does that leave me? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

You cant get 2 522's starting out. that said they will give you a 522 and 2 510's. Future expansion is a matter of adding switches and lines and you would be fine. However like it says up there if you want all dvr's youll have to go with a 522 and 2 510s. they will give you a 522 and a 322 if you want to go without DVR on 2 tvs but that is a whole nother story.

You would also incur 3 Dish Video on Demand charges unless you subscribe to Americas Everything Pak $4.98 each DVR. The 510's would also have a $5.00 lease fee that wouldn't be eliminated by connecting a phone light.

You would also incur 3 Dish Video on Demand charges unless you subscribe to Americas Everything Pak $4.98 each DVR. The 510's would also have a $5.00 lease fee that wouldn't be eliminated by connecting a phone line.

So how much ??

boba said:
You would also incur 3 Dish Video on Demand charges unless you subscribe to Americas Everything Pak $4.98 each DVR. The 510's would also have a $5.00 lease fee that wouldn't be eliminated by connecting a phone line.

:confused: I'm a little confused on this - '...$5.00 lease fee that wouldn't be eliminated...'.

So what's the extra cost (excluding progamming of $82.99 per month for the 'Americas Everything Pak' w/ local stations) if I get (1) 522 & (2) 510's w/ & all are continuously connected to a phone line?

So, regarding expansion while on the 'Digital Home Advantage' plan... Is there a restriction on the account, or would I be allowed (as technically possible) to add switches and recievers that I own to the system.

Going back to my original question about (2) 522's... could it be because they use a 'rf' remote for tv2 and then both remotes would control each box, or can the remotes be set for each to work on a different frequency?

Thanks, Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts