digital output from TV

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I connected my 722 via HDMI to TV and digital out from TV to Bose 3-2-1. My TV does not have optical out and the optical out on 722 is broke.
sound cuts out all the time. Bose said that it only passes down digital sound it receives from the 722 through the HDMI. when no digital no sound. He suggested red/white from 722 to bose and digital from TV to the bose and it will switch between.
Does that make sense? wouldn't sound always be available through the digital out on the TV? its a sony LCD
thanks again...

Yes and No.
Last Bose I hooked up had optical in.
Your hdmi cable may be bad, try componet to tv and optical into Bose.

fred

I can only speak about my set-up. I have 4 HDMI devises (3 use a switcher) to 2 HDMI ports on a Mits TV. The devices are Dish Sat 622 box, Star Choice Sat 530 box, HD DVD and PS3 BD.The HD and PS3 are 1080P
The TV has an coax digital out which I connect to a Pioneer 812 -7.1 system. For the HDMI input picked the TV passes the full Digital audio to the Pioneer which decodes the signal like a direct Optical or Coax connection from the device. The Pioneer always stays on TV input except for Wii which does not have an HMDI connection so old analog RCA jacks are needed for the Wii.
Source selection is easy and it works fine.
Don't know if this helps but it may give you some ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)