Digital picture frame advice

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Anybody have or recommend a good Digital frame? How's the picture quality? I've been looking at the 10.4" ones on Ebay with 1GB memory built. They seem like a good price, compared to what I'd pay for a 10.4" screen at a B&M store.

I would make sure whichever you go for, you buy it somewhere with a good return policy, I recieved one fro xmas, and the quality of images on the display are less than desired.

Not saying dont get one, just saying you want to see how it displays before you buy or make sure yuo can return it.

The 8" ones you can get at CompUSA are good, with nice resolution, and good features. I've purchased 3 for gifts, had to exchange 1 defective one. So, I would stick with someplace you could return it, if needed.

My sister was given one of these recently and I started wondering about image burn-in. I've always read mixed answers on whether LCD screens can be susceptible to that. It would be sorta funny, but not entirely surprising, if these can suffer from image burn-in.

Do the manuals for them have any warnings about that? Has anyone, who has had one displaying one image for an extended period of time (maybe a couple months), noticed a problem?

I know the typical use probably involves rotating through images in a sort of slide show, but some people might be using them to show one image until they get tired of that image, then they switch.

Check today's Woot!

ADS 7" LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory
$69.99 + $5.00 shipping

condition:
New
product(s):
9185 ADS 7" LCD Digital Photo Frame w/128MB Memory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)