This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dimming the lights on HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
press and hold the left button (next to the select on the unit) and press the right button. The more times you press the right button the dimmer it gets then goes back to bright

press and hold the left button (next to the select on the unit) and press the right button. The more times you press the right button the dimmer it gets then goes back to bright

Ah ha! thanks I was trying to do this with the remote but it wasn't working, got it now.. Thanks a ton! Also another question, is there a way to have the forum automatically alert me via email whenever someone responses to a threat I started or responded too besides having to choose from the drop down menu every time?

Go to settings at the top of the page, then to general settings. It's under the Default Thread Subscription Mode: section.

FACINATING! Of course I tried it first using the buttons on the remote and it did not work. Then I went over to the receiver and it worked swimmingly. I never knew you could do that. Learn something new every day.

Wish the H24 had the same nice bright display that the HR24 has. Where my H24 is located, it is difficult to see if it has been properly turned off due to the bright light that comes in from the nearby window. This is due to the fact that I have my remotes programmed to operate both the tv and box simultaneously. So the tv goes off and I'm not sure about the box.

I know what you're talking about. I'll walk through the kitchen and I'm like someone left this on. Go to turn it off and I turn it on. I realized that if you look for the format light and if you don't see it on then you know it's off.

Is the H24 lights different than the lights for the HR24 ?
I was pleasantly surprised when I activated the HR24 and found the circle of lights to be much dimmer than other models.

Is the H24 lights different than the lights for the HR24 ?
I was pleasantly surprised when I activated the HR24 and found the circle of lights to be much dimmer than other models.
Yeah the H24 only has the Directv power button and the format button that light up. The hr24 has4 small circle light up, 1 large, the Directv power button and the format button. If the lights are dim on the Hr24 then hit left button on the receiver and press right button it will make it brighter.

Not mine, lights don't go up or down.

I take that back, they do go up and down, however the brightest setting is MUCH dimmer than the other D* recvrs, Ilike it this way much better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.