Dipexor use with DP-34

I would say a bad Dyplexer unles you ried swapping it out already. Try connecting the line to the 811 without the dyplexers first to verify sat signal and then add the dyplexer.

is your 34 switch outside, if so you should just diplex each line you want to run the ota to, anywhere on the line between the switch and the receiver

The switch is underneath the house,hard to access. I disconnected the terk and put everything back as it was. I have no SAT HD channels not even in the "all channels" menu. I run Check Switch and get CONN X Quad on port 1, 119 OK Quad on port 2, X X N.C. on port 3.
Details: Duplicate signal on Dp34 port 1 was removed.
Port 1 Dp- Quad- 0 Good Conn., No Signal
Port 2 Dp- Quad - 0 119 Even, Odd
Port 3 N.C. No Connection
I'm just trying to get back to where I started. I,ve unplugged all receivers and ran check switch, still no good. All other receivers work fine except my 811. I don't understand all this stuff. Just trying to hook up an outdoor antenna in place of my indoor on the 811. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I got everything back working the way it was. Now if someone could please help me connect this terk up correctly. I have 4 coax cables coming off the LNB. They go under ground for about 15 feet and then into the crawl space of my home. 2 of the cables go into ports 1 and 2 of a Dp34. the third cable connects straight to a 301 receiver. The fourth cable is not connected to anything. Output 1 goes to a 811. Output 2 goes to a 301, and Output 3 and 4 goes to a dual tuner receiver.
I don't know which cables to connect to the inputs and outputs of the Terk 42. Please Help!

I don't think you can use diplexers before the DP34 switch. You need to use them after the DP34. For how many receivers do you want the antenna feed?

If you want to connect the antenna feed to the receceiver that is connected directly to the Quad LNB then it should work. Connect the satellite feed to the In port in the Terk42 Antenna (Diplexer), the out goes to the receiver location. At the receiver, you need the indoor diplexer. One output to the Satellite feed and the other one to the antenna feed.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the help.
Will my 811 work onthe feed that is straight from the LNB? It is currently feeding a 301. Are you saying I can only use the Terk on the cable that is not routed thru the Dp34?

Correct. You can use the feed that is going to the 301 for the 811. Remember the feed from the Quad LNB goes in the IN port in the antenna diplexer. The OUT port goes to where the indoor diplexer and the outs, one to the satellite feed and one to the antenna feed.

Quad LNB ==> IN Port Terk 42==> OUT Port Terk 42 ==> Indoor Diplexer == Satellite OUT to Satellite feed Receiver and Antenna OUT to Antenna feed Receiver.

You can't use the terk's diplexer but why not diplex the OTA into one of the 2 satellite lines, then undeplex it before the DP34 (at the DP34), let the satellite stuff go in, then at the output diplex it back into the output again.

Thanks for the suggestions. I connected it by RandallA's method and it's working fine. I had to pull up the cables where they were buried to track down which ones to use, but they were shallow and needed to be done neater anyway. The installer did a shabby job to begin with. Thanks guys. You made a novice a little more intelligent today. Everything's looking great on my Hitachi 65".

626 Pixilation and Audio Drop-out

Activation help w/942 please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)