Activation help w/942 please

Jordan420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Seattle, WA
I was able to get E* to lease me a 942. It arrived Thursday & I promptly unhooked my 721 & connected the 942, it downloaded the new software no problems. Ran a check switch & everything is fine.

Now I call E* to activate & they tell me I have to wait fo the installer. My install is scheduled for the 29th. THE 29th!!!!

I explained to them I do not need the installer to come over here just to call & activate it, but I was told I would have to wait.

Can anyone give me some advice on getting it activated, I do not want to wait 3 weeks to use my receiver.

Thanks

Jordan

Call and call again and talk to the tech department and see if they will activate. It is called Csr roulette. Call till you can get the answer you like.

thats Bullsh!t.....(need an installer)...
i just activated my receiver 1 week ago....via phone.....turned off my 301 and activated my 942....guy was very nice and help full.....just read the card number and receiver id....in 2 mins receiver was working!

also upgraded to hd package.....CALL AGAIN...TALK TO SOMBODY ELSE...

Hi, first time poster, long time reader.

I currently have a 721 also and was offered the 942 for the $250 lease. My setup information shows that my Dish500 is on satellite 110 and 119. Will I need to do anything like move my dish to a different position when the 942 shows up or do I just plug in the two cables and I'm good to go?

Also, I don't have a home phone line. Will Dish give me grief about that? I've never ordered any PPV stuff and don't plan to.

Thanks.

Just replace the 721 with the 942. after it downloads run a check switch.

My 942 started downloading as soon as I plugged it in.

You do not need to move your dish for the basic HD pack but the Voom channels which are an additional $5/mo are on sats 61.5 & 129, you would need a 2nd dish to see them

With out a phone line plugged in there will be an additional $5.00/mo 2nd tuner fee

They wanted an installer to "close the work order" to make it official. If they don't have an installer close it, they won't know who to assign labor warranty work to. It's bureacracy but is there for checks & balances.

The best thing to do is call your local E* office (that'd send the tech out) and explain to them directly. Then their office can close it out for you through the back channels. This wasn't recommended by me, just my imagination.