Universal remote w same functions as the Dish remote?

fjwag

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2023
Las Vegas
Does Logitech Universal remote have slo mo like the Dish remote? Or any other Universal remote? I've been watching sporting events for along time w Dish and am pretty spoiled in being able to skip forward, go back, and run the slo mo. Was wondering if there is anything comparable? Before Dish, I had Direct TV, can't remember if the remote had these functions or not.

When going for family gathering out of State it's bad news trying to watch sports w the crappy cable remote. You can go forward and back, but it is very hard to control or hit your mark. Maybe this is more on the Cable TV programming than the remote?

Does Logitech Universal remote have slo mo like the Dish remote? Or any other Universal remote? I've been watching sporting events for along time w Dish and am pretty spoiled in being able to skip forward, go back, and run the slo mo. Was wondering if there is anything comparable? Before Dish, I had Direct TV, can't remember if the remote had these functions or not.

When going for family gathering out of State it's bad news trying to watch sports w the crappy cable remote. You can go forward and back, but it is very hard to control or hit your mark. Maybe this is more on the Cable TV programming than the remote?
I use a Harmony 700 remote. It can do everything the DISH remote can do. My 700 mimics a 40 remote for a Hopper and has the color buttons for quick access to things like closed caption, delete a DVR'd program, etc. You get to slo mo by pressing pause and then fast forward. You can even do frame by frame stop motion by pressing pause and then the button beneath the fast forward.
IMG_0467.jpeg

You are right, it is not the remote.

All the remote does is access the capabilities of the satellite/cable receiver.

If you have a crappy receiver, the best remote in the world will not fix it.

Just because a remote will control all the capabilities of the superior Dish receiver does not mean any of those cherished abilities can be squeezed from a particular cable receiver by that same remote.

You are right, it is not the remote.

All the remote does is access the capabilities of the satellite/cable receiver.

If you have a crappy receiver, the best remote in the world will not fix it.

Just because a remote will control all the capabilities of the superior Dish receiver does not mean any of those cherished abilities can be squeezed from a particular cable receiver by that same remote.
Ok thanks, I responded to another post before I read yours, this had answered the question.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use a Harmony 700 remote. It can do everything the DISH remote can do. My 700 mimics a 40 remote for a Hopper and has the color buttons for quick access to things like closed caption, delete a DVR'd program, etc. You get to slo mo by pressing pause and then fast forward. You can even do frame by frame stop motion by pressing pause and then the button beneath the fast forward.
View attachment 166937
How'd you get that to work? The Harmony I have has Dish loaded, but the remote doesn't do a thing.

How'd you get that to work? The Harmony I have has Dish loaded, but the remote doesn't do a thing.
Let's start with you have Dish loaded. Does that mean that you have gone into the Harmony setup app on your computer and set up your receiver? Like entered in the required info in Devices and Activities?

Let's start with you have Dish loaded. Does that mean that you have gone into the Harmony setup app on your computer and set up your receiver? Like entered in the required info in Devices and Activities?
Selected via the software on the PC. I have the TV, roku, 15 or so year old audio receiver, and blu-ray player all hooked up in the same manner.

On your 665, do you have a button that says Watch Hopper? Did you set up your Watch TV button to activate the Hopper setup? Maybe you could take a picture of your Harmony like I did so I can see a bit more.