Diplexed OTA with new HD - it is possible (I think)!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Hey, guys, just thought I'd add a new thread here (maybe should be a sticky), since I know so many people are having problems with their Diplexed OTA and the new HD channels.

I've now seen in two different threads people saying that their diplexer works if they move the BBC up in the line so it's before the diplexer instead of after.

Worth a try at least, for all of you that have this problem and were just told to take it out...

Yes, I have one of my BCC's in the attic before the diplexer and everything is working fine. I have about 20' of cable between the diplexer and the second diplexer that is behind the TV. I have had this setup for over a year and until yesterday never knew for sure that it would work, but it does!

In my case the DirecTV installer refused to in stall the normal second line from the dish to my HR20 due to there being a firebreak in the wall (inside wall) so I had no choice but to try this configuration. (I had two cables ran when I built the house 12 years ago; one for OTA and one for the DirecTV system.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)