diplexer use for remote tv via TV2 output

Racehorse

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I'm very new to satellite.

I operate in the NO FEAR mode most of the time .... much to the regret of family and friends .... ggggg

here is a potentially stupid question .... but along with nofear I also have thick skin and skull.

I have two 522 receivers.
On another thread here I have an ongoing discussion about use of TV2 on one of them to use the music channels .. still expermenting there.

here is what I'm wanting to try .. and seeking advice from you experienced folks ..... this forum seems to be very good in that area...

can I take the TV2 feed from EACH 522 ..... combine them using a diplexer so I can have one cable and use the tv set as follows ....

here is my thought process

kitchen tv is hooked up to one of the 522s on TV2 feed
I have no problem pulling co-ax to have a second wire available behind the kitchen tv.... I have no difficluty hooking THAT co-ax to the TV2 feed from the OTHER 522.. other than talking a few hours of my valuable time .
I have used A/B switches on computers for years and this is what let to this possible use of the kitchen tv
OK ... now I have two co-ax wires behind the kitchen tv .... one from each 522.....
can I use a diplexer to combine them into a single wire and connect that into the kitchen tv .... I'm using TWO different "cable tv channels" for the feeds on the two 522s .... channel 77 on one .. channel 88 on the other.

now ... seems to be that I can use the remote control to change between 77 and 88 to get the corresponding 522s to send their differing choices.

I know my explanation is foggy, as my brain is pretty feeble, but anyone have any thoughts?

ok ... I thought of this I need to add ...
the kitchen tv is a mirror of the bedroom tv which is getting a TV2 signal ... I have too many tvs for the two 522s ...... gggg
BUT as there are only two of us in the house I don't want to pay for YET another receiver ..... trying to hold down expenses as retirement is only a few months away for my wife and I've been retired for more than I care to recall ..... LOL

You don't want to use a diplexer, you would use a two way splitter reversed as a combiner.

Just take both of the outputs and put them into the -3.5 legs of the splitter, and the in port into the tv.

I would space the modulated output a few apart, like 73 and 80.

rcdallas ....
that sound good to me...

I'll give it a try early next week. I'd do it sooner but I have my honeydo order list full for the remainder of the week and the weekend... and I need to get that cleared so I can go fishing and golfing more readily next month ... LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)