54.1 remote?

Got a couple extra remotes, but they have something in the auxiliary code. How can I get this back to nothing there ?
I've never had any luck getting any side keys back to nothing. I just change them to the same settings as the TV mode. Most of my remotes are setup that way.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have had numerous extra devices thru the years set up in my 40.0 and 54.0 series remotes. If I no longer use that equipment and remove it you can't change the remote AUX or DVD mode setup to show nothing in the remote control menu. It stays with the last device set up in the remote. So what I do is setup the Aux or DVD mode remote control settings to the same setup as the TV mode.

I have had numerous extra devices thru the years set up in my 40.0 and 54.0 series remotes. If I no longer use that equipment and remove it you can't change the remote AUX or DVD mode setup to show nothing in the remote control menu. It stays with the last device set up in the remote. So what I do is setup the Aux or DVD mode remote control settings to the same setup as the TV mode.
I guess I still don't understand. If you no longer have a device in your setup why is it important to make that device code go away. Unless, of course, you want to change it to something else. Then it is simple to run the wizard and change it to whatever your new device is.

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
I guess I still don't understand. If you no longer have a device in your setup why is it important to make that device code go away. Unless, of course, you want to change it to something else. Then it is simple to run the wizard and change it to whatever your new device is.
I don't know. :coco:coco It just drives me crazy!!

You can try factory resetting the remote. Hold Sat down until all the mode lights light up, then hold home and guide down at the same time until the remote beeps out descending tones.
That's not a reset, it just delinks the remote from the hopper. However depending on the receiver software, when relinking back to the hopper as long as no other remotes are paired it does sometimes clear the codes, but not always.

If it is set to use the auxiliary device by default, meaning when you hit volume, it turns your auxiliary devices volume up and down. Instead of the TV, go to the remote control settings, and scroll down to where it says control, volume change it from auxiliary device back to controls television.

thank you, will give this a try
You will have to re-pair the remote to your Hopper afterward. Go to your Diagnostic page, you can do that from a button on the front of the Hopper, and press Satellite on the remote. The Hopper will load the software to the remote. Whatever you have in your remote settings on the Hopper will transfer to the remote.