Diplexers and DPP equipment question

larsh74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2006
I will be installing a 622, 625 and a Dish 1000 this Friday. I want to use the prewired cable with a seperator and diplexer for the satellite cable and the TV2 output. I am wondering how often amplifiers are needed for this type of setup and what type of amps should be used if any. Thanks for the help!!

Do you have RG6 cable or RG59? If 6, you should be fine for a pretty long distance. How far are you talking here?

I have not seen the house yet. I have done several installs in this neighborhood and in all cases the homes were wired with RG6. I am not sure about the lengths of each of the cables. What is considered a safe distance? Did you use any amps on the installs you have done this way?

Last edited:
no amp needed

you don't need an amp for any of the backfeeds even if they are going in rg 59.
Off of a dpp twin which you will need you could do about 250 ft to the receiver so you should have no problem with the house. If you get a fuzzy or snowy backfeed then check your diplexor it is probably backwards.

The distribution example shows a splitter and gives a specific frequency range. Is there any specific type of dipexer that should be used to do this?

RandallA said:
You don't need the splitter, just run the output directly to TV2 for each dual receiver. The diplexers must be rated 40-2150 Mhz and power passing in one leg, most diplexers are though.

I'm using this one and they work great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-5-HOLLAN...ryZ11726QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Good answer Randall. I too am puzzled as to why they don;t have the output of the receiver direct to a splitter for the 3 tv;s. Why even mess with backfeeding with the input involved.

The TV2 agile modulated output of E* dual-tuner receivers can go a long distance before you get picture degradation. We're talking 2 floors worth. Try Ch. 21 AIR for TV2 if Ch. 60/73 doesn't give a good picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)