Direct in Huntsville

Marg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Ajo AZ
If we are getting a signal through the tree's for expressvu would direct be workable, after having direct all winter in AZ I think we like it much better than our bell.Here in Windsor it points exactly were my bell dish does.

Funny thing the other day our cell rings and it was Direct trying to sell us more programming I said we were back home in Canada and were going to shut it off for the summer.She said you should have no problem with the signal why not just use it.Most likely on Tues the payment comes out and I will put it on vacation until we return to AZ.When we signed on with them I asked if we had to return the receiver when we suspend the service because we were going back home to Canada and she said no keep it with you.

You will not get good signal on any Sat service through trees. The direction for DirecTv is more Westerly than for Bell, or to the Right if stood behind the Dish, see if that line of sight is clear.

There are lots of DirecTv installations in Ontario, so with a good line of sight, you should have no problems.

What I meant was there was a clearing through the trees for expressvu and if Direct is more to the right then it won't work

I will bring the receiver with us this summer and try for a good signal if it works I will have it activated,at least Direct doesn't have to have $15 mth while its on suspension.

If we are getting a signal through the tree's for expressvu would direct be workable, after having direct all winter in AZ I think we like it much better than our bell.Here in Windsor it points exactly were my bell dish does.

Depends on how big the tree is and how spaced out the branches are. Best bet, move the dish as its cheaper than cutting down the tree.

Plan B... adjust your dish.. in the signal menu page of the Bell receiver.. if you get "WRONG SATELLITE DirecTV ..." in RED.

Disregard this. Hope it's a joke! Bell receiver won't lock signal on Directv Dss.

However, we have a guy that brings his motorhome up every year to the golf course. He backs it in to a secluded area into a grove of trees. He manages to watch Directv, and he's shooting straight through spruce limbs and heavy birch trees. Marg, you would probably only have to turn your dish about 1/2" west.

You never know what's possible!
Catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts