Direct Tv Ad

perki

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
SOCAL
I saw a Direct Tv add today and they claimed that 25 of dish networks hd channels are not HD all the time, what do they mean by that. Are there channels that appear or disappear threw out the day? And what channels do they mean.

They are referring to the RSN networks that only show HD during live sporting events. To be fair, the vast majority of the rest of their programming on those channels is in SD.

direct tv is saying some of dishes channels aren't full time hd. dish is providing the channels in hd full time but the programing providers like hallmark hd (as example only) doesn't have a full hd schedule. you'll notice the black 4-3 bars on this content

keep in mind that direct tv also are using some of these channels that aren't hd full time either. just typical jargen between two competitors

These companies are worse than politicians!

It's just another clever phrasing of words. All these companies do it. I am not saying it's right. But what are you gonna do? I know we'll use a clever phrasing of words to make our service look better than theirs. Hence it never stops. If I said it once I'll say it again. Choosing a subscription media service is like voting...choosing the lesser of the evils.

The fact is they both have HD channels that are not always broadcasting in HD. Another fact is thet both use clever phrases to make their servive look better or the other look worse.
They both use inflated numbers 140! 150! get for real.....They should say "We have 27 HD channels that you would actually like to watch. Our competitor only has 24 that YOU would like. The rest are just PPV slots and programming most people could care less about." :)

They both use inflated numbers 140! 150! get for real.....They should say "We have 27 HD channels that you would actually like to watch. Our competitor only has 24 that YOU would like. The rest are just PPV slots and programming most people could care less about." :)

LOL - yeah. It's not like either company goes out of its way to say, "We're America's #1 provider of high definition shopping programming."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)