Direct Tv Tivo A paperweight?

Lj009

Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Hi all Just signed on to these forums there great packed full of info love 'em Just one quick question . I switched back to Dish after a few years at Direct and have a duel tuner Tivo (from Direct) can it be used for anything or is it a paperweight?
Thanks
Jack

It will work for your networks if they come to you from an over the air antenna or by way of cable. But it will do nothing for you by way of Dish Network.

I sold mine.

I tried to go to DTV, but they told me they were no longer adding used equipment to accounts due to theft. I would put an as-is disclaimer on the sale, in case this happens to the buyer.

The CSR who told me that might have been incorrect, but that's what he said. I was also going to start a new account. That might have been a factor also.

Spike said:
It will work for your networks if they come to you from an over the air antenna or by way of cable.

This is NOT true for the SD D-Tivo's, as they will not work at all for off-air or cable, as they are made to ONLY work on D* signals.

Maybe you're thinking of the HD D-Tivo, which will ONLY work on off-air digital signals - it will not work on ANY analog off-air signals, or any cable signals. And the off-air part will not even work once the unit is deactivated by D*.

If he had a standalone Tivo, then what you said would be true, but he did state it was a dual-tuner D-Tivo, so it couldn't be true, either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)