Directions for moving a VIP211?

jstrait

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2004
Greenville, SC
I thought I understood this stuff, but am having trouble getting it done.

Situation in a nutshell - My 622 died, the replacement 622 Dish sent DOA, so invoked DIU to upgrade to 722K with OTA. Tech coming on Wednesday. Want to move 211 located in other room into room where 622 lives. Got it?

Unplugged 211, carried it into the other room and disconnected 2 sat connections and 1 OTA from 622 and hooked 1 sat and 1 OTA into 211. Powered on 211 and got acquiring satellite message. Never acquired, have tried a bunch of different things including a check switch which told me I had a different number of satellites connect (I canceled updating it).

What am I supposed to do to make this happen?

Help greatly appreciated (I might be imagining it but I think the loving glow in my wife's eyes is beginning to fade)...

Jeff

There are 2 sat lines coming from the wall as that is where the 622 is supposed to live. I'm not sure if there is a splitter or if both lines (plus the single sat line in the other room) come off the DPP44(?).

Quick question about the DOA? Do you have an EHD? If so did you hook it up before you tried to activate the 622? When I got my replacement 722 several weeks ago, that's what I did and we thought it was DOA. Thanks to people here, I learned that you can only attach the EHD once your fully up and running.

Quick question about the DOA? Do you have an EHD? If so did you hook it up before you tried to activate the 622? When I got my replacement 722 several weeks ago, that's what I did and we thought it was DOA. Thanks to people here, I learned that you can only attach the EHD once your fully up and running.

Yes, I did, hmm - maybe it isn't dead - I'll go try it now thanks!

Was yours making a loud sound where the HD is located. Green power light would come on and it would go no further. Let me know if it's fixed.

Another thing. If you have been converted to the EARC, the included instructions won't work. When you get to Point Dish Screen, point it at 77 and say Done.

Last edited:
Was yours making a loud sound where the HD is located. Green power light would come on and it would go no further. Let me know if it's fixed.

Another thing. If you have been converted to the EARC, the included instructions won't work. When you get to Point Dish Screen, point it at 77 and say Done.

That's exactly what was happening. I disconnected the hard drive from the 622 and it isn't doing the 'bad' stuff anymore, still working on it. Not Eastern yet.

Thanks!

Quick follow-up. I got the 722K with OTA module for the $15 service call fee (I signed up for DHPP for $6 / month - must remember to cancel it when the early termination fee expires). It appears that my EHD has issues which has caused all this stuff, anyone know if I can make an image copy of it to a new drive and save my recordings? Thanks for all the help - Satguys is the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)