DirectTV dish on Dish Network system

TNTraverler

Original poster
May 12, 2009
Tennessee
Currently subscribe to Dish network with a dual LBN and 2 receivers. Have a single RCA dishtv dish that i would like to use when we go camping. Can I hook up the RCA dish and get dish network. What box main or secondary one should I take with me. Any help would be appreciated.

You can take either receiver with you and a DirectV dish (first gen single eye) will work, but will only aim at one satellite (most likely 119) at a time so you'd lose some channels compared to your existing dish (a 500 Twin probably). Also when moving a box to different dishes, it is a good idea to run a check switch prior to connecting the coax to the dish, and then necessary afterwards.

Miner

As Miner said, you won't get all of your channels with a DTV single lnb dish. You might be better off picking a used dish 500 off ebay. They go pretty cheaply these days. Look for one with a DishPro Plus twin lnb.

Thanks for the info. Tried to use the dish but couldn't get any signal. Using a RG6 50' cable and keep adjusting dish but no luck. Will try again to locate sat 119. Will let u know how it works out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)