DirecTV-12 Launch Date

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A

ambient

Jan 8, 2009
chicago
Does anyone know when DirecTV plans to launch this satellite? Based on everything I've read (including wikipedia), it's supposed to be late September 2009 - so next week or early the following week.

For us subscribers, this is the only concrete proof that DirecTV will indeed add more HD in the future -- and here's hoping that includes BBC America, Travel Channel and Fashion TV (from France, as was recently added to Dish)

C

Cranked

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
There was another thread about this already. I think it's scheduled for November? with an online schedule of around March?

rad

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
An official date hasn't been announced, just that it should go up sometime in November/December (December being the more realistic date) and operational 2 to 3 months later, if all goes well.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
most recent info i saw was between mid october and mid november.

S

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
most recent info is "TBD" and don't expect it early then end of Dec, more likely Jan'10.

sudnshok

sudnshok

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 27, 2007
For us subscribers, this is the only concrete proof that DirecTV will indeed add more HD in the future -- and here's hoping that includes BBC America, Travel Channel and Fashion TV (from France, as was recently added to Dish)
I'm hoping for 30 more HD-PPV channels ;)

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Any word as to WHERE it's being launched from ?
Wonder if they will have an updated website to follow like they did the last time ( the website was from the launch site, not D*)

Status
Please reply by conversation.