This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DirecTV-12 Launch Date

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ambient

Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
chicago
Does anyone know when DirecTV plans to launch this satellite? Based on everything I've read (including wikipedia), it's supposed to be late September 2009 - so next week or early the following week.

For us subscribers, this is the only concrete proof that DirecTV will indeed add more HD in the future -- and here's hoping that includes BBC America, Travel Channel and Fashion TV (from France, as was recently added to Dish)

There was another thread about this already. I think it's scheduled for November? with an online schedule of around March?

An official date hasn't been announced, just that it should go up sometime in November/December (December being the more realistic date) and operational 2 to 3 months later, if all goes well.

For us subscribers, this is the only concrete proof that DirecTV will indeed add more HD in the future -- and here's hoping that includes BBC America, Travel Channel and Fashion TV (from France, as was recently added to Dish)
I'm hoping for 30 more HD-PPV channels

Any word as to WHERE it's being launched from ?
Wonder if they will have an updated website to follow like they did the last time ( the website was from the launch site, not D*)

Status
Please reply by conversation.