DIRECTV Announces Record Setting Year with 4th Quarter Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, DirecTV is proving they don't need anymore HD channels to do extremely well. It also, proves the reason for the lack of response to Scott's open letter to CEO Mike White: DirecTV doesn't need this forum either.

DirecTV's deep pocketed ad campaigns are paying off as they make clear all the various features their service/DVR's offer even though just about all their competitors offer nearly identical features. DirecTV has always been the big money, well-done TV commercial and ad campaign kings: Easily the best marketing of any MVPD.

DirecTV has rolled out a robust multi-room DVR solution that really seems to work and subs seem very happy with. Meanwhile, Charlie offers a belated Sling option, but still not to market with the Sling Monitor or Extender that Dish people are dying to get their hands on, and Dish still has yet to even officially admit that they are working on a whole home DVR solution, as well, but at this rate, who knows when it would be available. And let us not forget the infamous 922 that still has a surprising number of complaints and dissatisfied users, some who end up DOWNgrading to a more stable DVR and one that doesn't have the additional $4 per month fee--for NOTING!

I agree with others, Charlie had better not claim the economy again. He should do a mea culpa and admit that he is often too cheap (like he admitted to just being plain "stubborn" as to why he continue to fight TiVo) to hire the additional engineers needed to get the promised products out to the his subscribers sooner and with far fewer bugs. Charlie has let DirecTV out innovate him lately when it was the other way around for many years. Charlie should step back and just pay a $30 million salary to someone of the caliber of a Chase Carey who really knows how to run a big operations, get things done RIGHT, and bring results that drop jaws at the quarterlies. Probably never happen. Ergan better start really fixing things at Dish.

I predicted that after Dish's Q2 report came out that they will have a bad Q3 AND Q4 when it comes to subs. I was correct about Q3. I also thought Q4 will be worse than Q3. I am now going to say that Q4 will be better than Q3 for Dish. They may actually have a net sub gain.
I was correct with my first guess. Man, they lost a lot of subs

Claude Greiner said:
When Directv is looking for ways to sign up new customers, Dish is looking for reasons NOT to sign up customers.

That is very true. We were Dish customers for 15 years. My wifes job required us to relocate out of state. We found a house to rent while we found one to buy. The landlord didn't allow satellite. We explained this to Dish and they allowed us out of our contract with no penalty and returned the equipment. They said when we were ready to come back we would be welcomed with open arms. We were on credit card autopay also and NEVER late with a payment. Three months ago, we buy a $350000 house. Call Dish up. We fail their credit check. They want $700 for 4 standard receivers and install. We explained the past situation, but they didn't care. I asked why we failed the credit check and they couldn't give a reason. We informed them that our credit score is very high. Fine enough to buy a house and 2 new cars sitting in the garage. No budge. We tell them we will go with Directv. They laughed and said that they wouldn't want us as customers. Hung up. Called Directv, in 2 minutes we had the best offer, $29 credit/1st year and $5/2nd year! I think we paid $32 upfront for the install. You're right, Dish doesn't want customers. We checked our credit score last night, a lowly 803. To hell with Dish Network and goodbye forever!

cave1376 said:
With record profits, D* should of given us a break and not had a price increase for dvr or additional receivers. Or how about dropping the $3 mrv fee.

That's the way businesses operate. When their costs increase, the cost of their product or service is going to reflect that. If not , the profit doesn't increase and people are wondering how they could increase subs but profit doesn't reflect that. Ultimately, they have to answer to their stockholders. The consumer is free to shop elsewhere for the best deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)